Thread: [RESOLVED] VB6 - Runtime error 13: Type Mismatch

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] VB6 - Runtime error 13: Type Mismatch

Gentlemen,
    I have one annoying error and I have looked and looked and can't find the mismatch.

The code below gave the above error:
    Code:
    Set rsin = Dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.EmployeeName, EmployeeInfo.Address, EmployeeInfo.City, EmployeeInfo.State, EmployeeInfo.ZIP, EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date, tblUnclaimed.Amount_of_Check, EmployeeInfo.Status " _
    & "FROM EmployeeInfo RIGHT JOIN tblUnclaimed ON (EmployeeInfo.L1 = tblUnclaimed.L1) AND (EmployeeInfo.Pass_Number = tblUnclaimed.PassNumber) " _
    & "WHERE (((EmployeeInfo.Status) Like 'N*') AND ((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U'))) OR (((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U')) AND ((Len([EmployeeInfo].[Status]))=1)) " _
    & "ORDER BY EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date;")
    This is my entire module so far:
    Code:
    Private Sub cmdExecproc_Click()
    Dim rsin As Recordset
    Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application
    Dim xlWbk As Workbook
    Dim xlWksht1 As Worksheet
    Dim xlWkSht2 As Worksheet
    Dim xlWkSht3 As Worksheet
    Dim xlWkSht4 As Worksheet
    Dim Dbs As Database
    Dim DbPath As String
    Dim DbName As String
    Dim StrSQL  As String
    Dim Qdef As QueryDefs

DbPath = "\\Livctrls03-08\Data1\APP\UNCLAIMW\UCCTest\Databases\"
    DbName = "Unclaimed Checks.mdb"

'Open Database/Recordset:
    '------------------------
    Set Dbs = OpenDatabase(DbPath & DbName)

Set rsin = Dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.EmployeeName, EmployeeInfo.Address, EmployeeInfo.City, EmployeeInfo.State, EmployeeInfo.ZIP, EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date, tblUnclaimed.Amount_of_Check, EmployeeInfo.Status " _
    & "FROM EmployeeInfo RIGHT JOIN tblUnclaimed ON (EmployeeInfo.L1 = tblUnclaimed.L1) AND (EmployeeInfo.Pass_Number = tblUnclaimed.PassNumber) " _
    & "WHERE (((EmployeeInfo.Status) Like 'N*') AND ((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U'))) OR (((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U')) AND ((Len([EmployeeInfo].[Status]))=1)) " _
    & "ORDER BY EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date;")
    Any help will be appreciated.

Giftx.

Re: VB6 - Runtime error 13: Type Mismatch

I don't see it right off either. I would guess it isn't your sql statement itself. If it was, I would expect an db-generated syntax error or something else.

1. Does the database open? Do you get an error on the Set Dbs line?

2. If not, what references do you have in your project. Do you have more than one DAO reference, do you also have ADO references? If so, remove the ones you are not using.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Which line of code is causing that error?
    Pradeep, Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Please appreciate posts that have helped you by clicking icon on the left of the post.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." — Charles F. Kettering

Read articles on My Blog101 LINQ SamplesJSON ValidatorXML Schema Validator"How Do I" videos on MSDNVB.NET and C# ComparisonGood Coding PracticesVBForums Reputation SaverString EnumSuper Simple Tetris Game

(2010-2013)
    NB: I do not answer coding questions via PM. If you want my help, then make a post and PM me it's link. If I can help, trust me I will...

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep1210
    Which line of code is causing that error?
    Read the first part of his thread post

The code below gave the above error:

Code:
    Set rsin = Dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.EmployeeName, EmployeeInfo.Address, EmployeeInfo.City, EmployeeInfo.State, EmployeeInfo.ZIP, EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date, tblUnclaimed.Amount_of_Check, EmployeeInfo.Status " _ & "FROM EmployeeInfo RIGHT JOIN tblUnclaimed ON (EmployeeInfo.L1 = tblUnclaimed.L1) AND (EmployeeInfo.Pass_Number = tblUnclaimed.PassNumber) " _ & "WHERE (((EmployeeInfo.Status) Like 'N*') AND ((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U'))) OR (((EmployeeInfo.Union_Code) In ('00','01','32','33')) AND ((tblUnclaimed.Status) In ('A','E','U')) AND ((Len([EmployeeInfo].[Status]))=1)) " _ & "ORDER BY EmployeeInfo.L3, EmployeeInfo.L5, tblUnclaimed.PassNumber, tblUnclaimed.Original_Check_Date;")

Hyperactive Member

LaVolpe,
    thank you for your geniune observation and input. Yes, I was using both DAO and ADO and it didn't like it. I removed the ADO and it worked.

Thanks again.

Giftx.