View Poll Results: Would you like to live in Zim?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 10.00%
  • No

14 70.00%
  • I'm not telling!

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbabwe

Re: Zimbabwe

I like to live life on the edge. Knife edge, that is.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Mar_zim might.

My interest in exotic parasites and nasty diseases is more one of idle curiosity rather than a desire to experience them personally.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Fanatic Member

I believe they have free money there.
    "so just keep in mind that fantasy is not the same as realtiy and make sure u remember that wii sports may be fun but u cant count on it as exercise ok cool bye" - HungarianHuman

free monies? no wai!

Quote Originally Posted by kregg
    free monies? no wai!
    Yeah, wai... but it's not all fun and games when 4,000 Zimbabwe dollars gets you one lousy beer...

Can you imagine trying to carry that much around with you just to get a beer?

Or the amount of money you have to carry just to buy the wheelbarrow to carry the money to buy a loaf of bread?

TBH the idea doesn't look too bad...

TBH the idea doesn't look too bad...
    Okay... think of it this way then... if you had to take every single piece of money in that picture to a shop in order to buy a packet of airwaves. (chewing-gum)

Man, that would be awesome!! I'd look so rich!!

But you'd need a truck to be able to afford enough gum to sort out the halitosis.
    I use VB 6, VB.Net 2003 and Office 2010

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

I'd rather live in SLOUGH for God's sake!
    I don't live here any more.

And to give you folks how bad Slough is, here is a photo which I will not post in IMG tags (for once) because it's too big.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
    It isn't fit for humans now,
    There isn't grass to graze a cow.
    Swarm over, Death!

Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
    Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
    Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
    Tinned minds, tinned breath
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

In a day, those businesses would need an entire room to store all their earnings. :|

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by BillGeek
    I don't see anything wrong in that picture...
    Yeah, reminded me of Melbourne, though it looked like a sunny day there as opposed to the rubbish they endure down south

Where's the "Where's that?" option?

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by timeshifter
    Where's the "Where's that?" option?
    Right next to South Australia if remotely interested in Melbourne, Zimbabwe is just above South Africa, and Napier is in Hawke's Bay ... though that's not important at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AceRimmer
    Right next to South Australia if remotely interested in Melbourne, Zimbabwe is just above South Africa, and Napier is in Hawke's Bay ... though that's not important at the moment.
    Before trying to explain where Victoria is... Explain where Australia is on a world map.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83
    Before trying to explain where Victoria is... Explain where Australia is on a world map.
    It's just above Tasmania and to the left of New Zealand down toward the bottom of the world map.

Stop being smart in a thread full of dumb. You look stupid.

You could've at least added a fail image in that gap.

Stop being smart in a thread full of dumb. You look stupid.
    That has to be my next sig text!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

And to give you folks how bad Slough is, here is a photo which I will not post in IMG tags (for once) because it's too big.
    Slough had the biggest Trading Estate in Europe; only rich companies can afford to reside their. The company I work for was at Slough Trading Estate, then it had to move because they couldn't afford the rent.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by visualAd
    Slough had the biggest Trading Estate in Europe
    ...and a reputation for aiming toward lofty accolades such as this.
    I don't live here any more.

A friend of mine use to live in Zimbabwe but left due to violence.

Megabe is a ****
    My Flickr Stream »

My Sites » BlogTwitterFlickr

Are you still at VisualAd's house ILMV?

We all have Jimmy Earl Carter to thank for this...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMES KIRCHICK
    In April of 1979, the first fully democratic election in Zimbabwe history's occurred. Of the eligible black voters, 64% participated, braving the threat of terrorist attacks by Mr. Mugabe's Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front party, which managed to kill 10 people. Prior to the election, Mr. Mugabe had issued a death list with 50 individuals he named as "traitors, fellow-travelers, and puppets of the Ian Smith regime, opportunistic running-dogs and other capitalist vultures." Nevertheless, Bishop Abel Muzorewa of the United Methodist Church emerged victorious and became prime minister of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia, as the new country was called.

Yet the Carter administration, led by the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Andrew Young, would have none of it. Mr. Young referred to Mr. Muzorewa, one of the very few democratically elected leaders on the African continent, as the head of a "neo-fascist" government. Mr. Carter refused to meet Mr. Muzorewa when the newly elected leader visited Washington to seek support from our country, nor did he lift sanctions that America had placed on Rhodesia as punishment for the colony's unilateral declaration of independence from the British Empire in 1965.

Messrs. Carter and Young would only countenance a settlement in which Mr. Mugabe, a Marxist who had repeatedly made clear his intention to turn Zimbabwe into a one-party state, played a leading role. Mr. Young, displaying the willful naiveté that came to characterize Mr. Carter's mindset, told the London Times that Mr. Mugabe was a "very gentle man" whom he "can't imagine … ever pulling the trigger on a gun to kill anyone."

Mr. Mugabe already had pulled the trigger on many innocent people, though. And not long after taking power in 1980, he killed about 25,000 people belonging to a minority tribe, the Ndebele. In spite of this, in 1989, Mr. Carter launched his "Project Africa" in Zimbabwe, a program aimed at helping African countries maintain food sustainability.

Now, however, the Carter Center maintains no programs in Zimbabwe. There is probably more of a reason for this than simply due to Mr. Mugabe's recent ban on foreign aid groups.

Since Mr. Carter was thrown out of office by the American people in 1980, he has spent his post-presidential years lecturing others on morality. The same year Mr. Carter lost a democratic election, Mr. Mugabe ascended to power in a violently flawed one. Yet over the past 27 years Mr. Mugabe has escaped being a target of Mr. Carter's frequent hectoring.

Robert Mugabe’s thugs shout: ‘Let’s kill the baby’

A baby boy had both legs broken by supporters of President Robert Mugabe to punish his father for being an opposition councillor in Zimbabwe.

Blessing Mabhena, aged 11 months, was seized from a bed and flung down with force as his mother, Agnes, hid from the thugs, convinced that they were about to murder her.

She heard one of them say, “Let’s kill the baby”, before Blessing was hurled on to a bare concrete floor.

Blessing, who may never be able to walk properly, was one of the youngest victims of atrocities against the opposition party Movement for Democratic Change in the run-up to last Friday’s sham presidential election.

As Mugabe, 84, the only candidate in the election, prepared to be sworn in as president today, it emerged that his forces of terror plan to pulverise opponents to prevent them from ever threatening his leading Zanu-PF again.

Leaked minutes of the Joint Operations Command (JOC), which has orchestrated the violence since Mugabe lost a first round of voting in March, revealed that it is willing to wipe out opposition supporters.

A 10,000-strong youth militia loyal to the Zanu-PF has been created to enforce its wishes in case regular army units refuse, according to Zimbabwean human rights agencies.

“It’s a deliberate nationwide strategy to reoccupy space so all space is occupied by the Zanu of Mugabe,” said Jon Stewart, a director of the Zimbabwe Human Rights Forum.

Minutes of one JOC meeting show that supporters of Morgan Tsvangirai, the opposition leader, “will all be internally displaced. The target number is two million supporters”.

The plan is to brutalise people into backing Zanu-PF or fleeing the country. “They’re not going to stop,” said a maid in Marondera. “They’re saying they’ll do more beatings and killings until all the ‘traitors’ are flushed out.”

She and her neighbours were waiting for officials to check their fingers for red ink to make sure they had voted on Friday.

But they don't have oil. So much for helping them.

There's that, and the fact that they're a land-locked country and we don't have any friendly countries nearby over whom we have sufficient leverage.
    I use VB 6, VB.Net 2003 and Office 2010

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast