Thread: "MenuLabel" - Usercontrol

Addicted Member

"MenuLabel" - Usercontrol

I've finally got time to submit MenuLabel to the Codebank, with one extra property added: Buttonize.

I've written this control for Vero44 when he was looking for a way to make labels change color on a mousemove event and pointed to this link as a example of what he was after. At that point I joined the thread.

The result is this usercontrol:
    Name:  screenshot2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  43.8 KB

The demo project shows just about everything you can do with it and let you change the most important properties on the fly, including resizing at runtime.

The new buttonize property uses the "Toolbar" theme on Vista: (If themes are enabled)

Name:  screenshot3.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  17.8 KB

which looks real nice because the buttons are drawn transparent. On XP they aren't and for that reason I'm just drawing the edges.

Name:  screenshot4.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  19.6 KB

The MenuLabels behave in the same manner as Option buttons, only one can be selected. By default, Menulabels are assumed to be a group when they are on the same container. To enable you to make sub groups without the need to place them on a separate container, I added the "GroupName" property.

I hope you don't mind I'm not going to explain all properties here best is to play with the demo project, look at the source code and experiment with a test project of your own.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jottum; Apr 4th, 2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: It helps to attach the actual project! :)
    Jottumâ„¢
    XpVistaControls , (transparent) usercontrols for XP, Vista and 7 with W2K legacy support.