Thread: HTML Help

Can anyone tell how to map the help created with HTML workshop to specific objects in the form.

Manjinder Sodhi

------------------

Lively Member

Hi, here is the description from MSDN:

Add the [ALIAS] section to the HTML Help project file. Following is an example of the [ALIAS] section:
    [ALIAS]
    IDH_FILE_NEW = newfile.htm
    IDH_FILE_OPEN = openfile.htm
    IDH_FILE_SAVE = htm\savefile.htm
    The purpose of the [ALIAS] section is to associate .htm files with constants. The constants are not defined in the [ALIAS] section (see the following step 2). The constants should not be numbers. For example, the following statement in the [ALIAS] section is not valid:
    5 = newfile.htm
    NOTE: If an .htm file is in a subfolder, the name of the subfolder should be included. See IDH_FILE_SAVE in the above [ALIAS] section.

Add the [MAP] section to the HTML Help project file. The [MAP] section is required when you use an [ALIAS] section. The [MAP] section should appear after the [ALIAS] section. The purpose of the [MAP] section is to define or give numeric values to the constants in the [ALIAS] section. Following is an example of the [MAP] section:
    [MAP]
    #define IDH_FILE_NEW 1
    #define IDH_FILE_OPEN 2
    #define IDH_FILE_SAVE 3

My tip: Use a text editor to enter the alias and map section, I always got an application error when I tried to enter them in HTML Help Workshop.

Roger