Thread: Language conversion on large apps

Fanatic Member

Language conversion on large apps

Hello,

What about adding languages to an application that has already been built? For example, we use a third party tool that does a great job in adding languages to an existing app. Will there (or is there) something built into the studio for adding languages to existing apps? The third party tool I speak of basically scans the app and then exports an EXCEL spreadsheet out with English and (the language you specify) out to a file. We then send it to a translator...and then once received back...we import the spreadsheet and there you go...you now have two languages in your app....or even three...four...etc....

Thanks!

Interweb adm/o/distrator Paul M's Avatar

Re: Language conversion on large apps

It seems this would be best left as a tool or a plugin. The majority of developers (hobbyists included) wouldn't use it anyway.

Re: Language conversion on large apps

So don't include it in the Express versions. I see this being something that larger companies and apps (which he did state) and more likely being something in Enterprise or TFS, not so much in Pro (borderline) and certainty not Express.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *