Thread: [VB+Source] The DreadEngine (2D VB Engine)

[VB+Source] The DreadEngine (2D VB Engine)

A while ago vowed I would make a 2D VB engine and here it is. Note that the Particle and AI modules do not work at all. I wrote all the "developer" code in form1 and a little game so you can get the jist of how the engine works. Most of the engine is simple for example: Dread_Inputs deals with inputs, Dread_Core deals with Rendering etc.

I have abandoned this project but feel free to give me feedback.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If what I said was helpful, give me rep!

My Complete Games: -- 2D Zone (Space Shooter game) || _2D Zone 2_ || Ninja Blob (2D platformer) || Dren (Co-op up to 4 player base defence game)

My Projects: -- The Dread Engine (2D VB game Engine) || A* Path Finding

An excellent site for learning DirectX7, 8 & 9 (for VB6, C# & VB.net) would be: directx4vb.vbgamer.com --- For my projects and games see: pieper.freehostia.com

Re: [VB+Source] The DreadEngine (2D VB Engine)

Just a note: I don't have any code infront of me so any of these tips are from memory.

When creating the device the different swap effects can make the program run faster, although I'm not possitive which is the fastest (I think it is discard but it might be flip).

For drawing fonts I believe bottom = fontsize * 2 and right = fontsize * len(string), then you could put the draw text functions together, add a font parameter, then get the size of the font from the given font.

I don't have vb on this computer so I can't play it, but the code looks to be alright.

Re: [VB+Source] The DreadEngine (2D VB Engine)

The swapeffect is Flip which swaps the memory addresses of the front and back buffer. That is the fastest.

Thanks for the info on the fonts, I would like to post an executable but it would not show how it works or anything. It would only should what is possible.
    If what I said was helpful, give me rep!

My Complete Games: -- 2D Zone (Space Shooter game) || _2D Zone 2_ || Ninja Blob (2D platformer) || Dren (Co-op up to 4 player base defence game)

My Projects: -- The Dread Engine (2D VB game Engine) || A* Path Finding

An excellent site for learning DirectX7, 8 & 9 (for VB6, C# & VB.net) would be: directx4vb.vbgamer.com --- For my projects and games see: pieper.freehostia.com

Talking Re: [VB+Source] The DreadEngine (2D VB Engine)

Its Cool Game...
    Nice Work Yaar!!!