Thread: To Marty : Mutiple lines

Frenzied Member

Marty,

What I wanted was for my program to Move 4 images at once, But They have to Be moveing at the exact same time, not in any order.
    Is it possably to run mutiple lines in one procedure at once?

Thankyou,
    Evan

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Well, no, you can't do more than one thing at exactly the same time, but if the actions you want to perform are quick, they will appear to all move at once. For example the following will seem to move 4 labels a little to the right all at the same time.
    Code:
        Dim nLbl As Integer

For nLbl = 0 To 3
            Label1(nLbl).Move Label1(nLbl).Left + 200
        Next
    It looks from your question however that you want to move images around, and they may not all appear to move at once if you use a procedure like the above. There is one thing I think you can do however, and that is to stop the repainting of the form until you are done with the move. You will need to use an API and while I did once have occasion to want to stop painting, I don't have the code in front of me. I'll look up what I did and get back to you.

------------------
    Marty

[This message has been edited by MartinLiss (edited 11-01-1999).]

Frenzied Member

Maybe If I really Thought this out I could Have them take Turns Moving.. and they would appear to move at the same time. But Im not sure how.. Thanks for your help though