Thread: US$100 API Hook (Approx. 1 hours work)

US$100 API Hook (Approx. 1 hours work)

Hi all,

Visual Baisc 6 app specs:

1. Blank form with 2 buttons
    2. Button1 calls DeleteDummyFile() which resides in a DLL referenced by the project
    3. Button2 opens an OpenFileDialog*
    4. DeleteDummyFile() simply deletes the file "c:\temp.txt"
    5. App hooks NtCreateFile() and NtOpenFile() and knows when it is trying to delete a file
    6. App displays a MsgBox confirming delete with a Yes/No
    7. If "no", file is not deleted

* The OpenFileDialog box is only there for verification of the compiled app. If the hooking works correctly I should get the MsgBox when deleting a file through the OpenFileDialog.

Terms:

• Payment via PayPal
    • Half payment on email containing compiled app
    • Remainder of payment on email containing full source code

Please respond to this post if you are interested.

PowerPoster

Re: US$100 API Hook (Approx. 1 hours work)

1) If it's so simple why did you waste your time posting when you could have coded it?

2) There's no such thing as writing a complete program in 1 hour, unless you've already written it and just have to package it. Planning it can take more than an hour.

Why does almost everyone posting here think that writing a program and dialing a phone take about the same amount of effort (and skill)?
    The most difficult part of developing a program is understanding the problem.
    The second most difficult part is deciding how you're going to solve the problem.
    Actually writing the program (translating your solution into some computer language) is the easiest part.

Please indent your code and use [HIGHLIGHT="VB"] [/HIGHLIGHT] tags around it to make it easier to read.

Please Help Us To Save Ana

Frenzied Member

just for ****s n giggles i looked up those 2 apis.
    they are NOT documented apis and they are not anywhere to be found how to use in vb. yes ur 1 hour estimate is a bit off

I figure the end code will be less than 50 lines, which is how I got my time estimate.

I can do the form, 2 buttons, DLL and delete function in about 10 min. It's the API hooking that I can't do. If anyone wants me to do the above and give it to them first I can - but I'll reduce my price to US$80 for wasting my time (It's not wasting YOUR time because I am paying you).

At any rate, my US$100 offer still stands if anyone is willing.

PowerPoster

I'll bid $500 to do an analysis to see what I'll charge you to write the code - paid up front. and I'm giving you my lowest rate because mucking around with a system hook in Windows is interesting work.
    The most difficult part of developing a program is understanding the problem.
    The second most difficult part is deciding how you're going to solve the problem.
    Actually writing the program (translating your solution into some computer language) is the easiest part.

Please indent your code and use [HIGHLIGHT="VB"] [/HIGHLIGHT] tags around it to make it easier to read.

Please Help Us To Save Ana

Banned

Al, get off the guy already. This is Project Requests.

If I was looking for some quick contractors and came across this thread; I wouldn't even bother posting. Mainly due to the lack of professionalism some people seem to receive from this area. If you're not interested or the price isn't what you'd expect; don't inquire about it.

Yes, $500 to get a quote on how much to charge me...it does sound tempting.

It looks like I might have to move this project to rent-a-coder seeing as no-one has the expertise to tackle it here.

At any rate, in complete contrast to my earlier post I have done all the coding except the API hooking. It can be downloaded at http://203.209.195.72/vb/APIHook.zip (I have included the DLL but you can recompile it if you don't trust me...)

Cheers.
    Last edited by Akumadevil; Jul 23rd, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

PowerPoster

does anyone finish it?