Thread: Programmer here... (and an artist too!)

Arrow

Well hello forum,

I see many people starting projects here. I recently completed a project myself: Dungeon Crafter.
    Working with a graphics artist, I created an RPG mapping tool in VB. You can download it from underworld.dfxwebs.com!
    Just look at the screenshots, we completed it in spare time (about 3 months) with the help of 3 betatesters.

Now, I am interested in working on a game development team. Just for fun and to learn more about VB (RPG) games programming.
    Let me know if you're setting up a team. DarkAngel (the graphics artist for Dungeon Crafter) tells me he's interested too. So, that's a package deal!!

Cheers,
    The Furnisher

Frenzied Member

good combination

sorry but my group makes knowledge builders
    and if you guyz like to help us out
    definately would be good
    email me back

thanks

Kovan

Smile

I am interested in entering a programming group.I'm not a very good programmer...but I could help you on something if you want to.I'm very interested in RPG's and I want to learn more about vb.So,what do you say?

Cool were looking for ppl just like u two

hi Furnisher

u know i'm putting a team together, n im looking for ppl with vb programming n graphic skills, were currently trying to make online games, our first proget is an RPG, the story line is completed although it might need some editing, neways i have a vision of putting together a good team to make proper games, not just 1 game thats just the start, i have written 12 great storylines for games, n im just full of ideas and besides who else would know how to make good games but gamers right? cause we know what ppl want, cause its what we want, would be good if u 2 join us.

contact me if ur interested

dread@alphalink.com.au

Well I'd like to join your group silver but I don't know almost anything about online games so you will have to explain me a little how it works.

Smile well

Well Basically an online game means generally a game that is only playable through the internet, this is done in VB we use a thing called TCP/IP (DirectPlay), players (those that sign up) can only play this game online and must sign up prior to playing a game.

In terms of RPG once a player signs up he/she will need to creat a character to play within our world, so first step is picking Gender,Class,Skills n so on, upon creating their character they will then do what they wanna do, in terms of RPG this is generally experience and gold at start which will later to god knows what, i guess their imagination is their limit as to what they plan to do online.

Now we currently have 4 VB programmers, 3 artists (including 3D modelers and 3D graphics) and a media programmer, i think thats the team so far, we just recently started and are aquiring a better way to communicate with each other.

So what i need to know is ur current skills in VB, and how long u have been using it for, if u have any other skills i would like to know eg. Art work and so on, Also were on the lookout for an experienced programmer in DirectPlay, so if u know ur Direct Play and TCP/IP and are interested in joining us send me a buzz at dread@alphalink.com.au

Thumbs up yo silver...

sounds like a good idea man, i'm pretty good in photoshop and other graphics apps, and i can defend myself in VB6. i'd like to get some game proggin action on, or some pixel pushing... just lemme know...
    "Beyond the pretty wrapping paper, all life is, is just a struggle between one hard spot and the next, puncuated by a failure of biological systems."- Codewarrior123

Cool yo Codewarrior

Sounds good to me, can u send me an email and mention some of ur skills on VB 6, still completing the team so now is as good a time to join, i think a team of 10 would be good currently we have 8 and we r removing 1 due to well lets just say he hardly communicates and dosent seem to have any skills.

And can u tell us what u expertise on VB6?

so i know and i divide the nessecary work properly.

my email is dread@alphalink.com.au

and when u say pixels, can u create tiles? 2D and Isometric? and although our first project is a Diablo style, were doing a demo test of a 2D engine just to get the team to work as a team. and are u any good at creating 2D top view characters?

http://silveran.acidweb.com

regards

Cool yo Mark

just got ur email, glad to have you with us, im sure you will do fine, right now were doing a test run (i think i've already mentioned this). so to make this short, send me an email with ur ICQ No, if u dont have ICQ get it, its an important part of communication, were also adding Dark Angels forum to the site for now, so we will discuss our project in their along with icq and emails.

i'll get back to u on email later.