Hi all!

I am making an INI-file for my application, in which I can hide the information that is somewhat secret. Now I'm running into 2 problems:

1) I want to put my ini file 1 directory up from the root of where my page runs, so noone can actually access it (since they don't have any rights there). Now my problem is that if I hard-code the full path to the ini file, it can read it normally, but if I just use "../inifile.ini", it somehow won't let me read it. It either gives me a "permission denied" or a "file not found" (which is even weirder). Any ideas?

2) If I hardcode my dsn in my global.asa it works. Like this: Application("DSN") = "dsn=blabla;uid=bla;pwd=bla"
But now if I include a file into my index.html, which reads the value into Application("DSN"), it gives me "ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'
The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another."
Anybody got any idea why, or what I could do to help this, coz it's kinda frustrating me.

Thanx, guys!