Thread: Connection

Some day, I plan to rule the Internet World. And I'm not going to be able to do it on a Dial-Up Connection.

What do you recommend? Cable, T1, T3, DSL, etc. etc. ???
    And what makes it so special? I never got to really know about them. Just heard they were all fast. Would someone care to explain them to me? Thanks.

heheh if you want to rule the world you should get something like an ocs-3 (not sure about the name though) it's about 245mb/sec heheh way faster than a simple T3 (around 40mb/sec if im right) and as for a T1 if im right it's around 10mb/sec......but then im not too sure, as for cable/adsl well it depend on where you live, where i live cable is by far better (around 200kb/sec, downtime at 100k/sec and best time at 300-400kb/sec) but i know some ppl with cable that goes only around 40-50kb/sec and that's quite shity.
    *Rudy^
    Visual Studio 6 Ent. SP5
    Windows 2000 SP4
    Windows XP SP1a

Hyperactive Member
    I Hit 2 Mps from Microsoft on cable before .
    Visual Basic 6 SP4 on win98se

QUIT THE RAT RACE BECAUSE YOUR MESSING THE WORLD UP !!!!!

I once had 1.5 MB/sec at a FTP server (I have cable)
    It was only 1.5 MB 'cause that's the limit they obey at the cablecompany, but I think it could faster if the limit was there

The special thing 'bout them is that you're online 24/7 if ya want, with a static payment each month, and sometimes you have a static IP number wich can be handy for running servers (if they allow you to)
    Jop - validweb.nl

Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.