Thread: Looking for .Net Developers and Beta Testers for Perspective

Lightbulb Looking for .Net Developers and Beta Testers for Perspective

Not sure if anyone has noticed the application I've been working on called Perspective. I am currently looking for BETA testers and developers to help me further its development. The Beta is scheduled for release in early June.

What is Perspective? - Perspective is an application that can do whatever you want. Perspective is mostly driven by its components. A component can be anything and anyone can make one with any language they choose as long as it can utilitize the .Net 2.0 framework (VB, C#, C++ and J# are the ones I can think of). The continually improving SDK also provides extra functionality.

How can I be an Beta Tester or Developer? - The Beta will offically be released at the beginning of June. I plan on releasing the Beta to the public on Perspective's page. The Beta will include a copy of the SDK and the source code to a component.

To the Beta Testers - I need you to play around with Perspective. Try to break it, give me suggestions and let me know what you like or dislike. You will be helping me shape the final version of Perspective.

To the Developers - Perspective has a powerful Plug-in system. It allows anyone with .Net knowledge to create components that can do practically whatever you want. Just impliment the Perspective.SDK.IComponent with your main class and create a main UserControl so Perspective can display it. From that point, you can make DirectX games, full blown applications; really anything you want. Since it's still in Beta and the SDK will likely change a little bit here and there, you can make suggestions on what you'd like to see in the SDK.

Last time I asked for testers here, no one wanted to test BinaryEdit, though I can't really blame them. I have huge plans for Perspective though and am working on some very nice components for it and if I could get a development community making Components, it would be quite nice
    Last edited by Kasracer; May 11th, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
    KrisSiegel.com - My Personal Website with my blog and portfolio
    Don't Forget to Rate Posts!

Free Icons: FamFamFam, VBCorner, VBAccelerator
    Useful Links: System.Security.SecureString Managed DPAPI Overview Part 1 Managed DPAPI Overview Part 2 MSDN, MSDN2, Comparing the Timer Classes

Re: Looking for .Net Developers and Alpha Testers for Perspective

PM sent w/ info.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I'm interested too
    "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me... Superman!" - Homer Simpson
    My Blog

I added both of you to my list.

ComputerJy, if it's possible, it would be easier for me to send you the information if you PMed me your e-mail address (but you don't have to).

You'll both probably hear back from me within a week (any anyone else who would like to help). I should be ready to send the ALPHA out by then (though, if I manage to get it ready before then you'll hear from me).

Useful Links: System.Security.SecureString Managed DPAPI Overview Part 1 Managed DPAPI Overview Part 2 MSDN, MSDN2, Comparing the Timer Classes

Re: Looking for .Net Developers and Beta Testers for Perspective

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up as the the development progress. I still have a lot to impliment and I would like to have the IComponent interface finalized before I release any kind of Alpha or Beta copies so others can begin work on components and not have to worry the interface is going to change (I need this as well for my components).

I'm still on schedule for a Beta release in June (which you guys can definately be a part of) but the Alpha may be pushed back a little (depending on where I'm at after this weekend, an alpha release may be skipped entirely).

If any of you have any suggestions for my application please let me know now during the development process.