Thread: Making an Install exe

Lively Member

Making an Install exe

Okay I've made a very simple program, so simple that all it does is provides a welcome message.

Now I want to be able to install this program on all my computers. Copying it from a Floppy and Making it a Start up program at the same time.

How would i do this?

I know how to move the exe
    VB Code:
    1. Name "A:\Eden.exe" As "C:\Windows\Eden.exe"

But am unsure on how to make it a start up program, can anyone out thier explain to me how this would be done? Would I have to add any code to Eden.exe so that it knows that it is a Start-up program?

Cheers
    ~ichar

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Making an Install exe

Move to Application Deployment

Are you familiar with the Application and Deployment Wizard that comes with VB. That should just walk you through the process.

Click Add-Ins/Add-In Manager from the IDE. Find Package and Deployment Wizard, click it, then click on it, and check Loaded/Unloaded and Load on Startup in the Load Behavior frame.

Lively Member

No I havet a clue on 'Application and Deployment Wizard' just looked at it but it baffeled me. Allthought thanks for showing it to me the MDI type of exe is what I've been looking for for ages. Thanks.

Anyone help me with making it a start up, I think it is some API code but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ichar
    No I havet a clue on 'Application and Deployment Wizard' just looked at it but it baffeled me. Allthought thanks for showing it to me the MDI type of exe is what I've been looking for for ages. Thanks.

Anyone help me with making it a start up, I think it is some API code but I'm not sure.
    Save your project, compile your exe, then just click on the menu item under Add-ins for the Wizard, and it will do the rest.

Here, take a look at this.

Using The Package And Deployment Wizard

Also look at the first post in this section of the forum... Application Development

Actually it's the second post, the first one is an Ad....