Thread: help required

Unhappy

Hi all

I have three question to ask.

1.Is is possible to make data grid in which I can write and store data ? if so then how

2.Is it possible to have Dbcombo box in a data grid if yes then how?

3.Is it possible to calculate values in two fields and keep them in a thrid field in a data grid if yes then how?

Thanks I need those answere quickly

Addicted Member Michael Woolsey's Avatar
    I'll try to be of some help, though I won't be providing any coding solutions...

1.Is is possible to make data grid in which I can write and store data ? if so then how
    Since I don't know what control you are using for your grid itís really hard to answer this. If you are using the MSFlexgrid control then you have to work around the read-only properties of the grid. Essentially you have a text box either over the cell you want to manipulate, or located somewhere else that will let you enter the information manually. The help file for the MSFlexgrid is pretty good in my opinion you should be able to find the syntax and examples there.

2.Is it possible to have Dbcombo box in a data grid if yes then how?
    This is similar to the previous suggestion. Essentially if you are using a MSFlexgrid, you would need to move a combobox over top of the cell you want to use and manipulate the combobox and grid that way. I'm sure there are other ways of doing this; this is just one thought.

3.Is it possible to calculate values in two fields and keep them in a thrid field in a data grid if yes then how?
    This is possible, assuming you are using the MSFlexgrid, you can do something along the lines of MSFlexgrid.TextMatrix(1,3) = CDbl(MSFlexgrid.TextMatrix(1,1)) + CDbl(MSFlexgrid.TextMatrix(1,2)). Also note, the MSFlexgrid is fairly slow so if you need a fast grid, this may not be the best control to use.

If you need a control to do most of the things you are asking you may want to check out http://www.shersoft.com/ as they have a good selection of controls available for sale.

If you are not using the MSFlexgrid control my suggestions won't be of much help.

I hope this helps in some way.
    Michael Woolsey
    Application/Web Developer

Visual Basic 6.0 SP5
    Active Server Pages
    Oracle 9i
    - I'm going to live forever, or die trying!

Unhappy

Hi

I am using MsFlexigrid Controls

Thanks