Thread: FOX news analyst becomes Bush's press secretary

Hyperactive Member capsulecorpjx's Avatar

FOX news analyst becomes Bush's press secretary

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/26/snow/index.html
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Acknowledging the challenges ahead, former Fox News analyst Tony Snow began his second stint at the White House on Wednesday, this time as press secretary.

President Bush appeared with Snow in the White House briefing room to announce his choice 15 years after the commentator was a speechwriter for President George H.W. Bush.
    Shouldn't this article be on TheOnion instead?

Its pretty sad, FOX news doesn't even pretend to not be a mouth-piece of Bush anymore.
    "I like to run on treadmills, because at least I know I'm getting nowhere."
    - Me

Re: FOX news analyst becomes Bush's press secretary

Does that mean that ABC is a mouthpiece for the Dems since they hired George StepONallofUS?

Quote Originally Posted by capsulecorpjx
    Its pretty sad, FOX news doesn't even pretend to not be a mouth-piece of Bush anymore.
    uhmmm, you've never watched his show have you? Snow has ripped into the president on several occasions over several issues. FOX getts a bad rep because they are not critical of Bush 100% of the time like every other news outlet. They are the closest thing to being objective out there even if they do swing slightly to the right now and again. Hell, Bush could feed bread to all the homeless in the world and CNN would sport the headline "Bush murders innocent wheat plants"

Considering he has a 30 something % approval rating right now, It's about time he hired a press secretary who wasn't a head smacking retard. At least 20% of his approval rating problem is because of his bad relations with the press.
    Last edited by MasterBlaster; Apr 27th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.
    "And most of the evils of society can, in fact, be cured through information. We have a society that has been disinformed and based on the disinformation has made irrational choices. And that's what I mean by 'ignorance.' People, who ordinarily might be smart, are deprived of the data by which to make a rational decision, don't have the data to do it."
    Frank Zappa

Hyperactive Member capsulecorpjx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
    uhmmm, you've never watched his show have you? Snow has ripped into the president on several occasions over several issues. FOX getts a bad rep because they are not critical of Bush 100% of the time like every other news outlet. They are the closest thing to being objective out there even if they do swing slightly to the right now and again. Hell, Bush could feed bread to all the homeless in the world and CNN would sport the headline "Bush murders innocent wheat plants"

Considering he has a 30 something % approval rating right now, It's about time he hired a press secretary who wasn't a head smacking retard. At least 20% of his approval rating problem is because of his bad relations with the press.
    You're probably right. Its a knee-jerk reaction. My frist reaction was that the title seem satirical enough to be from theonion.
    "I like to run on treadmills, because at least I know I'm getting nowhere."
    - Me

I wonder how many charact

If this reporter at one time ever criticized Bush, I doubt he would have been offered the job.

If this reporter at one time ever criticized Bush, I doubt he would have been offered the job.
    You might have thought so, but now cannot argue with the fact that he has many times criticized Bush and did get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster

They are TV news, therefore they suck like all the rest.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

The guy is a respected journo. The only people who really slammed the appointment were the far left blog freaks. Even the mainstream media didn't make a stink about it cuz they know the guys been honest in his career.
    Here's to us!
    Who's like us?
    Darned few, and they're all dead!

I wonder how many charact

Either way it doesn't matter, Bush is a paper tiger politically now with only 2 years left.