Thread: [RESOLVED] connection String

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] connection String

MS comes up with the following as it's connection string when I use the wizards. Where would one find Info on what is acutal needed and what is over kill.

VB Code:
    1. Me.OleDbConnection1.ConnectionString = "Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Registry Path=;Jet OLEDB:Database L" & _
    2.         "ocking Mode=1;Data Source=""J:\upsdb.mdb"";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Provider=""Micro" & _
    3.         "soft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"";Jet OLEDB:System database=;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;persist secur" & _
    4.         "ity info=False;Extended Properties=;Mode=Share Deny None;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Datab" & _
    5.         "ase=False;Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on " & _
    6.         "Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;User ID=Admin;Jet O" & _
    7.         "LEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1"
    Visual Studio .NET 2005/.NET Framework 2.0

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! kleinma's Avatar

Re: connection String

check out http://www.connectionstrings.com/

click under access, and the ole db, you will find minimal param connection strings there...

also just as a side note, when posting (and it happens most with connection strings) you can DISABLE smileys in your post, so that they don't show up in your code when a certain string combination is the same that the smileys use.