Re: Who is better ??

That depends on many factors.
    What are your requirements?
    Do you need 7*24 uptime?
    How big is you database going to be?
    How much can you spend?
    Etc, etc...
    Declan

Don't forget to mark your Thread as resolved.
    Take a moment to rate posts that you think are helpful

Hi DKenny
    Thank you for answer me ..
    i need database for college contain names and marks and salaries and employers
    i can spend any amount
    thank you

Go Enterprise. The Express is JUST the engine.... there are NO client tools with it. Enterprise will get you everything. And for critical things like this, you'll want those tools.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

There are other versions of MS SQL Server - why are you comparing just EXPRESS to ENTERPRISE?

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/default.mspx

is a good place to start understanding the differences.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinf...-features.mspx and this as well...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

thank you all
    any way what is the version that you recommended me to use it ??
    thank you

How many users?

How many rows in your largest table?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

about 40 to 50 user
    and thousands rows

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

Thats not too many users and the rows are small. When you get to millions of records then we are talking about a large db. SQL server can handle it well.

I say go Enterprise as it is very powerful and leaves room for growth, if you can afford it. If you see needing a second SQL server somewhere in the not too distant future then its will be worth it as only the Enterprise version allows you to Cluster your SQL servers.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

thank you for answer me
    and i understand that you are recomended me to use Enterprise

Look at the links I posted and tell me what feature of ENTERPRISE you need over STANDARD.

I'm not sure of the cost difference between the two, but I can tell you that you need to licence every 10 users - and those 5 licences are going to cost $$'s.

None of my customers have chosen ENTERPRISE over STANDARD at this point.

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

and my project is for college that contain
    student info and marks and emplyers info and salaries
    and i will desing programs with vb 2005 to controll the database

Then you are in the unique position to look into educational facility discounts - you might find that ENTERPRISE edition costs out very nicely with those discounts.

btw - we produce student management software for the K-12 arena and have done college-level management systems in the past.

Good luck

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

i want ask you for something
    every user (computer) conect to the db most have a licence ??
    thank you

You can purchase processor-licenced versions of SQL - that will allow unlimited numbers of users.

But they charge for each "processor" in the server - and most SQL server hardware solutions would have more then one processor in the box.

Otherwise the CLIENT-ACCESS-LICENCE method is for each "client PC" - and you have to read the language of this on the MSDN site as it's not "human being" based as more "pc based" (I believe).

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

any way
    Thank you very very very much szlamany for answering me
    and you made many things clear for me
    i hope one day i met you in my life and i hope be friends
    and thank you RobDog888
    thank you again