Thread: Last Post

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Last Post

Is the "Last Post" link I see when posting a reply or a new message supposed to do something?

Re: Last Post

Well last night I thought it quoted the person above you..But now it just quoted my last post..Good question

Oh, I see now. It wasn't/hasn't been/has been intermittently working, I guess, because I just tried it out and it worked (for the first time for me) (and now it's not)

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

What Last Post link?

I see two on the new reply page, but that's because this thread is called "Last Post".

Look...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ah OK, I use the basic textbox editor so I didn't see that.

It appears to insert the contents of your own last post into the QR box. it uses a cookie to store the post contents.

It was added for those times when you type a post and click submit, but for whatever reason, the submit fails. The post is retrievable, in that event.

Dump cookies in IE and then click it. Somehow I think the resulting effect is less than desirable

I like it and it has already restored/saved one of my posts. Dont you guys remember back in Sept. when we had all the page timeouts and members were complaining about loosing their posts when they tried to post? This will come in handy for situations like that or the occasional page error.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

The sole purpose of this feature is to encourage double posting in multiple forums
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Quote Originally Posted by visualAd
    The sole purpose of this feature is to encourage double posting in multiple forums

We have big, mean ( ) moderators who stop out that issue without mercy....

(okay, maybe they aren't so mean or big, but the still, they wipe out double posting pretty fast!)

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------