Thread: [RESOLVED] Transfer Text Error

Preferably somewhere between Keira Knightley and Diane Kruger but I'm not fussy

Resolved [RESOLVED] Transfer Text Error

Hi guys,

I've run into an error regarding the Transfer Text component of an Access Macro. The command is trying to import the contents of a .txt file (based on a spec) into a table. Previously this macro has run smoothly, however today the database is crashing upon trying to execute this command. The Exception information associated with the Error Report indicates this -

Code: 0xc0000005

I've googled that code and it appears to be an access violation? I'd greatly appreciate any help as I'm stuck on this one.

Thanks
    Last edited by MethadoneBoy; Apr 20th, 2006 at 08:05 AM.
    "'Oh, hello Mr. Crick! What do you think of Jeffrey Archer?' Clip-clip-clip! Oh, come on! Who are you kidding? You wait til I'm mayor, you'll see how tough I am! Christ almighty...."

Re: Transfer Text Error

check to make sure the table is not in use
    the file is not in use...etc..

try importing to a new table..
    JPnyc rocks!! (Just ask him!)
    If u have your answer please go to the thread tools and click "Mark Thread Resolved"

Preferably somewhere between Keira Knightley and Diane Kruger but I'm not fussy

Re: Transfer Text Error

It definitely wasn't in use. I deleted a bunch of Import Error tables that had been created by previous executions of the macro and now it seems to be working, although I'm none the wiser for it.

If anyone can think of why that worked, feel free to post. Thanks for you help again, Static - much appreciated.
    "'Oh, hello Mr. Crick! What do you think of Jeffrey Archer?' Clip-clip-clip! Oh, come on! Who are you kidding? You wait til I'm mayor, you'll see how tough I am! Christ almighty...."