Thread: [RESOLVED] cd r/w problems..

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] cd r/w problems..

hello, i have just bought a 48x12x48x cd r/w burner from an online shop. it was delievered today and i plug it in.

and then the windows add hardware wiz keeps popping up and tells me that it cannot finsih the installation on cd-rom b/c the system can not find the specified file ?

then i checked the device manager and the new cd-rom has a yellow exclamition point on it.

so i checked the details on it and it says that no device drivers have been installed. being that no disk came with the drive, i must uncover the driver somewhere on the internet ?

i already sent an email to the company support team, hopefully they will help at one point, but until then any one here know anything ?

my cd r/w drive is as follows...

CyQ've 48x12x48x 'JustLink"
    model # mrr4848.

if anyon e has any idea where i might be able to find drivers for this it woul dbe helpful...in the mean time ill search goooogle.

thank - justin
    --thanks for the help.

Hyperactive Member nothingofvalue's Avatar

Re: cd r/w problems..

Usually, every manufacturer has all device drivers available for download on their website. Have you checked for that yet?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge..."

Albert Einstein
    -----------------------------------------------
    If my reply helped you then you really were lost, but I still took the time to help, please rate it anyway

Planet Xeoroaniar CC Posts:1,928,453,459,361

After a quick google search it appears that the manufacturer is based in the orient and does not have an english site. However there was a site mentioning drivers but I didn't have time to check it. Just google "CyQ've"
    Life is one big rock tune

Addicted Member

well the other day i tried to install it in the add new hardware qiz and no luck. so i decided to pop in my winXP disc to just see mayb there are some generic drivers on there........and there were. amen it's been working fine for 2 days now. thanks for all the help.

justin
    --thanks for the help.

Planet Xeoroaniar CC Posts:1,928,453,459,361

Re: [RESOLVED] cd r/w problems..

Glad to hear it's okay now
    Life is one big rock tune