Thread: very basic beginners question: VB.

very basic beginners question: VB.

Hi, I realise this is a very basic beginners question and all you experts can solve it in about 2 minutes, but i'm an undergraduate student using VB for the first time and i'm stuck!

I have a programming assignment to do for my module and it's all using VB. The basic run-down of the assignment is to make a cell-phone keypad with a few requirements (detailed in the attached file) and a small game where a wilderbeest eats grass but every 4 moves of the wilderbeest, holes pop up at random places and if he is on one of those when a hole appears, the game is ended.

Please take a look at the attached file and give me any pointers you can!
    I really don't know where to start considering i've never even looked at this program before!

Thanks,
    Auryn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hyperactive Member

Re: very basic beginners question: VB.

Welcome to the forums!

It is a very easy application, which makes it hard to give help without doing it all for you.
    My pointer would be, go work through the tutorials that are included in your assignment. http://teaching.shu.ac.uk/aces/mp/p4c/introvb.htm
    <deis> I turn on god mode when I program
    <deis> I just call it .NET

If my post was helpful, please Rate it

Re: very basic beginners question: VB.

thanks!

i've worked through these but i can't figure out how to apply them to my assignment, i'm just a little bit lost! i'll have another look through and see what i can come up with heh.

x.