Thread: To all English I.T. Contractors...

Angry

read this..
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/bus...00/1016569.stm

and if that gets you mad then send her an email here..
    http://www.patricia-hewitt-mp.co.uk

P.S. No offence to any Indians in here but what this government are doing makes me sick!
    Web/Application Developer
    VB6 Ent (SP5), Win 2000,SQL Server 2000

Exclamation Don't let Dax hear you...

I can't see much of a problem.

Check this out from our school website's course material: http://kings.ksw.org.uk/courseonthew..._in_india.html
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Hyperactive Member tumblingdown's Avatar
    parksie, what S@NSIS is referring to is IR35. The fact that with one hand, the goverment has crippled the home grown IT Service Industry (as every govt will do when it feels it can get a bigger peice of pie). While at the same time, is looking to import cheap labour (effectively).

It is disgusting what they have done, and goes to prove that all politicians are ****ING ****ING ******S!!!!!

td.

"One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.

Now come on td, don't be shy, speak your mind. No need to hold back.
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

/me harrumphs.
    "One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.

Talking Go TD!!!

Just thought I would share this e-mail with you which was sent to Ms. Hewitt yesterday!

Dear Ms Hewitt

I hope that you will take the time to read this e-mail; it is not meant to be a general rant but rather a response to a number of issues in the public eye at the moment.

I read with interest the article on the BBC News website today (which was forwarded to me by several fellow IT workers) regarding your policy of encouraging Indian workers to fill the skills shortage in the UK IT sector:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_1016000/1016569.stm>

I am currently involved in a web project for a large company that will deliver cutting edge technology based in the UK. We have interviewed several Indian "contractors" and found them, quite frankly, to be lacking in both communication and technical skills. I was also shocked to learn that the "reputable" computer agencies in this country were exploiting these people by charging them out to my client at market rates (c. 35-45 per hour) and paying the naive Indians in the region of 5-10 per hour. Somewhat reminiscent of the slave trade you might think.

Additionally, it frustrates my colleagues and I that you have perfectly able and experienced men and women working in the IT industry in this country who have been hounded out by recent changes in taxation policy (I refer of course to IR35). These people are not tax evaders trying to dodge their "fair share" (Dawn Primarolo, I think) but people who took personal risks with their family's welfare (in my case, at least) by leaving secure, permanent jobs to move into the insecure world of contracting. I accept that these people are well paid but I also know that a lot of them are often out of work between contracts and not once have any of them attempted to "sign-on" and claim benefits. These people have built up small business (the lifeblood, I believe, of the UK business world) and the recent legislation has even prevented them from taking their own personal profit out of their businesses and reinvesting it in themselves for training and equipment. To be asked to pay your fair share of National Insurance and PAYE is fine. But then to be told that you cannot claim back any benefits when you are out of work surely cannot be fair!

I trust that you at least read this mail and consider its' points.
    Web/Application Developer
    VB6 Ent (SP5), Win 2000,SQL Server 2000

grumble grumble labour grumble murmur grumble crap grumble goverment murmur blair murmur murmur dickhead grumble...

The bunch of slimey toads charged with running the business of government of the UK at the current time are a bunch of lying two-faced backstabbing freeloading bastards. They are no different than the last bunch who occupied the position. Apart from one difference. The tories never sold themselves as anything else.

As you may be able to tell, i have little respect for politicians as a whole, and absolutely none for the Labour Goverment, and will somebody please tell me why John Prescott is such an unbelievably stupid blathering *****.

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com