Thread: [HTML] Locking Tables

[HTML] Locking Tables

Hi there i am building a website and a problem i am facing at the moment is that my tables expand at different screen resolutions. I am using a resolution of 1280x1024 and it looks fine but when my friend views it who is at 1600x1200 the table has expanded and there is a big gap between the two images at the top. Bot ar left justified.

Is there anyway i can lock the table down so it will not resize or is there any other method to a chieving this. if so, how?

Jenova

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Re: [HTML] Locking Tables

What you want is fixed width, you can use the width property in CSS to achieve that, just specify it for the cells that must be a certain width, or you can specify it for the whole table.

Re: [HTML] Locking Tables

Yes, your probably using no width assignment at all or your using 100% as its value. Change it to your desired px size and it will basically be hard coded and wont expand unless you include too much cell data causing it to overflow.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6