Thread: Attn: Canadians on VBF

Question Attn: Canadians on VBF

Are you tired of the current Government parties we have to choose from? I'm thinking of starting my own party. If you were to vote for me as Prime Minister in 2010 or whenever the next election will be, what platforms should I stand on?

These are what I currently have:
    • Improved Healthcare system
    • Improved Social Services, more funding
    • Allowing same-sex marriage (its unconstitutional not too) and not bowing down to one or two religions out of the hundreds in Canada that think it's wrong.
    • Decimalize weed nationwide, create better laws for handling offenders
    • Tougher legal system (because seriously, some things you need to stay in jail for)
    • Better childcare support
    • No promises to lower taxes since until I'm PM I have no idea of the country’s actual financial position
    • Create more jobs! Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

No promises to lower taxes, one thing I really don't to do is promise something I may not be able to deliver.

Here are some interesting facts about me:
    Current age: 20 [In 2010 election I'll be 24, which would make me the youngest head of state in North America]
    Ethnicity: If elected PM, I will be the first black head of state in North America
    Languages: And of course, I'm bilingual.
    Social Standing: Unlike the other PMs, I'm by no means rich or even middle class, so I can relate with the needs of the average Canadian.
    PHP in your FACE!

Re: Attn: Canadians on VBF

Quote Originally Posted by Datacide
    Are you tired of the current Government parties we have to choose from? I'm thinking of starting my own party. If you were to vote for me as Prime Minister in 2010 or whenever the next election will be, what platforms should I stand on?

• Allowing same-sex marriage (its unconstitutional not too) and not bowing down to one or two religions out of the hundreds in Canada that think it's wrong.
    • Tougher legal system (because seriously, some things you need to stay in jail for)
    • No promises to lower taxes since until I'm PM I have no idea of the country’s actual financial position
    • chicken in every pot
    • mow your lawn
    • paint your house
    • change the channel on your tv
    • and walk your dog....
    Using VB6 or VB.net 2008 with .net 3.5
    "Life... death... either way I'll be confined to a small cubicle!" - Hermes Conrad

Banned

Unlike the other PMs, I'm by no means rich or even middle class, so I can relate with the needs of the average Canadian.
    Having someone who's not well to do head a country is like putting a monkey in a submarine. While the whole "relating to the average Joe" works great on lower political levels (in the US, it would be governers and mayors.. Maybe some senate), when it comes to the head of your country... The majority of the people favor powerful, outspoken people over Jim from down the street.

If you need proof, look at Nader's presidential campaign for the last... 10 years he's been trying? (the exact timeframe slips me) He's making progress and all, but it's never going to happen (be it fortunately or unfortunately).

You do realize that the government does not create jobs, right?

Also, if Canada gets a second MRI machine, I might consider moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Pie
    You do realize that the government does not create jobs, right?
    They can (some governments do), however the cost of doing it tends to be higher than the job pays, and as such it is a drain of money - rather than the gain you would instinctively expect.

Allowing same-sex marriage (its unconstitutional not too) and not bowing down to one or two religions out of the hundreds in Canada that think it's wrong.
    If you allow that, then be sure to allow incestial marriages, pedophiles to marry, sodomy, and polygomy. Otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Voters don't like black people.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by System_Error
    If you allow that, then be sure to allow incestial marriages, pedophiles to marry, sodomy, and polygomy. Otherwise you're a hypocrite.
    hmm, your one of those, eh? As for the pedo stuff, the youngest age you can get married is 13 with parental consent, so if the parents agree, go for it. :shrugs: But anyways there are good reasons for these laws, incest has health effects. But I don't think it's illegal to get married or even to have sex in Canada. The pedo stuff, I believe that most of them are born that way, the same as gays. Some are just sick sex maniacs looking for easy prey, but most are just natually attracted to children. It's wrong for obvious reasons, children don't have a mature enough mind to know whats really going on when they are seven. I think anominous consuling programs should be put in place to ensure that these people don't act on their feelings on vulnable children. All volunteerly and completely anominous. It would also be a sentence for first time offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by crptcblade
    Voters don't like black people.
    Correction: America doesn't like black people.
    PHP in your FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek
    They can (some governments do), however the cost of doing it tends to be higher than the job pays, and as such it is a drain of money - rather than the gain you would instinctively expect.
    You're right. I was thinking of jobs that other people would freely pay for.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by System_Error
    You're a hypocrite for not saying what you really want to say.
    "so just keep in mind that fantasy is not the same as realtiy and make sure u remember that wii sports may be fun but u cant count on it as exercise ok cool bye" - HungarianHuman

must marriages rules are defined by your church. if you church allows polygomy, go ahead. Of course, it won't be recognized here. You can't split benifits with three ppl, it it will be vaild to whatever shurch you belong to. Same with that other stuff. Church and State are suppossed to be seperate.

Anyways, back to the issue...
    PHP in your FACE!

I think perhaps improving the education system should be your top priority, with emphasis on literacy.

You aren't Canadian. You've only said "eh" once in this entire thread, fewer times than me eh?
    I use VB 6, VB.Net 2003 and Office 2010

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

Education, of couerse. And getting rid of that stupid Eh stereotype.
    PHP in your FACE!

Why don't you ban hockey too?
    Using VB6 or VB.net 2008 with .net 3.5
    "Life... death... either way I'll be confined to a small cubicle!" - Hermes Conrad

Hyperactive Member capsulecorpjx's Avatar

No promises to lower taxes, one thing I really don't to do is promise something I may not be able to deliver.

Here are some interesting facts about me:
    Current age: 20 [In 2010 election I'll be 24, which would make me the youngest head of state in North America]
    Ethnicity: If elected PM, I will be the first black head of state in North America
    Languages: And of course, I'm bilingual.
    Social Standing: Unlike the other PMs, I'm by no means rich or even middle class, so I can relate with the needs of the average Canadian.
    So what a-boot ur hobbies eh?
    "I like to run on treadmills, because at least I know I'm getting nowhere."
    - Me

Quote Originally Posted by capsulecorpjx
    So what a-boot ur hobbies eh?
    I have a dream... of Linux-powered computers in every household.
    PHP in your FACE!

Hoser
    Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Shoot the homeless. Dirty, viscious ingrates, the lot of them.

Also forum moderators too, same reasons
    I don't live here any more.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

I have a dream... of Linux-powered computers in every household.
    Sorry, Datacide gets my vote now.

Datacide [X]
    I don't live here any more.

Quote Originally Posted by wossname
    Shoot the homeless. Dirty, viscious ingrates, the lot of them.

Also forum moderators too, same reasons
    Hey!! I'm not dirty (well I will be later after football), and I'm not vicious.. you aren't banned (yet) are you?

I wonder how many charact

Canadians on VBF? I say get rid of them.

Wait... what was this post about?

Quote Originally Posted by nemaroller
    Canadians on VBF? I say get rid of them.

Wait... what was this post about?
    • And breaking ties with the Americans. All they do is drag us into trouble...
    PHP in your FACE!

I wonder how many charact

Wait... just forgot my employer is a Canadian corporation. Loves ya Canada, all 3 million of ya!

Fanatic Member

• Club more seals
    "so just keep in mind that fantasy is not the same as realtiy and make sure u remember that wii sports may be fun but u cant count on it as exercise ok cool bye" - HungarianHuman

I want to take issue with the bit about "decimalizing" pot.

I might ask what's your point....but that's not a tenth of the jokes that could be made about that statement.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Oh, I should also mention that polygamy is practiced to a larger degree than most people realize unless they live out in the intermountain west of the US (or north of there in Canada, for that matter). It may be technically illegal, but prosecutions are VERY rare, and always fairly controversial.

As for sodomy, if you look up the definition, it may be a bit broader than some people realize. It is illegal in some states, but I personally don't know anybody who hasn't broken that law a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker
    Oh, I should also mention that polygamy is practiced to a larger degree than most people realize unless they live out in the intermountain west of the US (or north of there in Canada, for that matter). It may be technically illegal, but prosecutions are VERY rare, and always fairly controversial.
    Have you seen those women? White socks and Birkinstocks, the lot of them. You gotta marry a few just to get one you're attracted to.

You pick women based on their feet??? Never thought to look that low, always stopped a fair ways higher. I'll give it a try next time.

PHP in your FACE!

Fanatic Member

Carly Pope should be the vice PM