Thread: Marketing Advises...

Marketing Advises...

I just hate marketing people. we have our POS system and its already intalled to some retailers/groceries in our place and other cities. we have a new project, a grocery store, with our POS. our POS is made with VB6 and SQL Server 2000/2005 Express as the Backend.

Now there's another company who have a DOS based POS and are now saying anything against Windows based programs, in favor of their DOS-based POS. and our client is now having second thoughts on our system.(we have already started the PLU program and are about to setup the cashiering system).

Im not familiar with the other company since our client only called us. We're only two in our company and both programmers and I think no match with the marketing strategy of the other group.

PLease help me enumerate the advantages of Wiondows-based systems compared to their DOS-based POS. we have already some but maybe you can add some more...

again, i really hate marketing people...
    they're like lawyers who loves to twist facts

(hey, this is my 500th post...) ::FireWorks::
    On Error GoTo Hell

Hell:
    Kill Me

Food For Thought:

- Do not judge a book... if you're not a judge!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Marketing Advises...

Moved to General Developer.

What are they saying that is negative about Windows based systems? I think it would be beneficial for you to counter their specific points.

eimroda,

Just tell them DOS is basically out of date and haven't been hasn't really been supported since 1995 and it's now 2006. If that doesn't get their attention then they are too stupid to be helped...

thnx... many businessmen in our place are still not technologically inclined, many of them still belongs to "old schools" and they can be easily fooled by those marketing people. and would you believe that there are still big supermarkets/groceries in our place that are still using dos based programs? those dbf's/clippers/foxpro's (dos), and they are sold very cheap that are dragging our prices to go down also. just because OLD programmers don't want to upgrade their languages, they just sell their programs very low, plus sweet talks, there goes an "old school" businessman fooled, voila they get a project. and yes, they are actually our stiffest competitor in POS systems. the DOS-based programmers/companies. ahhh... to hell with them...

(forgive me with my language... i just cant help, im so disgusted... )
    On Error GoTo Hell

Hell:
    Kill Me

Food For Thought:

- Do not judge a book... if you're not a judge!