Thread: vb, access, multiuser passwords

Unhappy vb, access, multiuser passwords

Hi,

I wan to have different users and passwords accessing an access database through my program. Should I manage the users and passwords through my program and use one database level password?

Workgroup files only work with a fixed path database. My database can be anywhere. Is there some other way of doing this?
    Any ideas?

Hyperactive Member

Re: vb, access, multiuser passwords

wan to have different users and passwords accessing an access database through my program. Should I manage the users and passwords through my program and use one database level password?
    yes, create user and password through your program and you can also use two or more security level that is stored in your database that use the security level you created on your database
    maindatabase
    security level table (username and password you created on access security write it on a table )
    username password
    admin "123456"
    read/write "654321"
    read "111111"

user account table
    fields value
    username="mikee_phil"
    userpassword="hello"
    maindatabase_user="admin"
    maindatabase_password="123456"

Workgroup files only work with a fixed path database. My database can be anywhere. Is there some other way of doing this?
    Any ideas?
    create a client side database
    in your client side database you can store the path where the main database is
    e.g.
    clientside database
    fields value
    maindatabase="C:\data1\maindata.mdb"

am i