Thread: Problem in msado15.dll registration

Lively Member

Problem in msado15.dll registration

Hello All
    I have developed an application with vb6 and MSaccess. I have created the package and tried to deploy it on a windows 98 SE System ( with IE 6.0 ) While installing it is giving an error : An error occured while registring the file "C:\Program Files\Common files\System\ADO\msado15.dll". Abort, Retry, Ignore
    If I click Ignore and continue the installation, application was installed, but when i run the application it is not allowing me to login.

I tried to register the file manually by Start -> run -> regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common files\System\ADO\msado15.dll
    It is giving a message "LoadLibrary("C:\Program") failed . GetLastError returns 0x0000045"

Kindly help me to solve this problem

Thanks in advance
    Regards

Re: Problem in msado15.dll registration

For ADO you need to include mdac in your setup, only the msado15.dll is not sufficient.

When you try to register a dll manually, make sure the path is in double quotes, otherwise spaces in the path mess things up.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common files\System\ADO\msado15.dll"
    Frans

Lively Member

Re: Problem in msado15.dll registration

Thanks for the reply.
    I have included Mdac_Type.exe in the set up file. This application is installed in windows xp, 2000 and 98 with out any problem. Only in windows 98 SE it is giving this problem