Thread: hideing a program on the start menu?

Hyperactive Member

Question

is there a way to hide a program on the startmenu? like for example a file was in the program files portion of the start menu, is there a way if you were to look at the file by clicking start, program files, it would not show up, but if you were to open explorer and go to start program files it would be their?

Wink

deablo1:
    just goto settings,taskbar & start menu, then goto advanced explore into programs, u should see the icon shortcut to your program, delete it. this way will delete the shortcut in your program start menu.

Hyperactive Member

my bad

no no, say i put it in the start menu, start up...i dont want to be able to see it, but i want it in the start up.

Hyperactive Member tumblingdown's Avatar
    Right click on the shortcut (thru explorer|profile or taskbar|Properties|Start menu|Advanced) and select properties. On the general tab, select hidden.

td.
    "One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.