Thread: Is there a limit to VB6 application size?

Question Is there a limit to VB6 application size?

Is there a practical limit to the size of a VB application in terms of number of lines? My colleague at work says that anything written in VB over 16 thousand lines should not be written in VB. Is he right?

Re: Is there a limit to VB6 application size?

Welcome to VBForums!

I have no idea what the limit is, if any.

What I can tell you tho is that I have a written VB program (a complex production specifications system) with over 100 thousand lines of code, and I would certainly not have liked to do it in a language such as C - it would have taken significantly longer to do exactly the same thing.

There are reasons why VB might not be ideal for a project, but length of code certainly isn't one of them. If anything, just the opposite.

Re: Is there a limit to VB6 application size?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBarr
    Is there a practical limit to the size of a VB application in terms of number of lines? My colleague at work says that anything written in VB over 16 thousand lines should not be written in VB. Is he right?
    Number of lines is irrelevant as you can write the same thing in ONE line and say 21 lines... But VB6 has its limitations just like any other programming language but you're unlikely to reach most of them.