Thread: Can you mail merge into a Word 2003 userform textbox?

Question Can you mail merge into a Word 2003 userform textbox?

Don't know if this is possible, but if it is, any pointers/advice would be appreciated.

I have a Word 2003 userform which contains an address block, comprising several textboxes. What I am considering is:

1. Whilst the userform has focus, somehow using Words mail merge feature (or similar) to select an address from a spreadsheet and add it to the userform. When the userform is in use the spreadsheet will not be open.

2. If the address is not in the spreadsheet I want to be able to add the address manually and check a box to save the address details to the (unopen) spreadsheet when the userform exits.

Any ideas?
    "Those things we must learn to do, we must learn by doing" (or hope somebody else will take pity and help out )

Re: Can you mail merge into a Word 2003 userform textbox?

So you want to look up addresses in Excel and populate them in your word userform? Will the spreadsheet be open/visible at all?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

The spreadsheet will not be open.

What I was hoping to do is add a command button to the userform which, when clicked, will allow the user to select the address somehow. For example, something like the mail merge feature in Word 2003 which presents a list of the details contained in the spreadsheet without actually opening the spreadsheet - see attached.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Those things we must learn to do, we must learn by doing" (or hope somebody else will take pity and help out )

Anybody got any ideas?