Thread: [RESOLVED] how to generate a Receipt?

Resolved [RESOLVED] how to generate a Receipt?

Good day, everyone. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to generate a receipt and print automatically after a sales transaction? I tried to use a form to design an interface of the receipt but what if there are transactions that has a thousand items, it would not fit into the form. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. My database is created on ms-access using a DAO connection, VB6 for the programming language and Crystal Report 8.5 for creating all kinds and reports. I'm just new so please go easy on me. Thank you.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: how to generate a Receipt?

What you are talking about is nothing more than just another report.

Have you created other reports for your app thus far?

I've just created a monthly sales report and inventory report. well I wanted my program to act as cash register you see, i just want it to print the current transaction automatically but i dont know where to design the receipt. I'm not sure if it should be in VB6 or Crystal Reports. i hope I'm not asking too much from you. I am very enthusiastic to learn how.
    newbie123

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

It would be in Crystal Reports.

Design a report that will act as your receipt.

Once you get it designed, you will need VB to accummlate the data that will get printed on it just like you designed your sales and inventory reports in Crystal and used VB to gather that data.

ok, I will try that and will get back to you if there are any problems. I guess it's the .SelectionFormula again... any idea on how the program can make it print the receipt automatically so that crystal reports won't have to show the items that will be printed?
    newbie123