Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And you guys voted for this turkey

Talking

HOW SCARY IS THIS??!!!! AND WE THINK HOWARD'S A WORRY!

Check out the following scary quotes from the potentially
    soon-to-be most powerful man in the world.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
    ...George W. Bush, Jr.

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a
    mother and child."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good
    judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr. to Sam Donaldson,

"When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in LA, my answer has been direct & simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.
    ...George W. Bush, Jr.

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"Welcome to Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit...Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is
    oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/22/98

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive
    positions and have a tremendous impact on history."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/20/96

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not
    occur."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
    ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that George Bush may or may not make."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"Public speaking is very easy."

Ride those Statements big George, it just confirms America is the laughing stock of the world

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

yep, he is soooo right...

Frenzied Member
    Bush is the man.
    Gore's an idiot, plain and simple.

Addicted Member

Talking hehe dumb dumb

leave it too a bush..

Hyperactive Member tumblingdown's Avatar
    Wey,

There both slimeball idiots, it's just a question of which of them is plain ****ing weird.

td.
    "One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.

Bush might stumble on words but he is not a habitual liar like Gore.

Frenzied Member

That's for sure.
    Gore's a hypocrite.

I'm just waiting for Gore to give up his screwing with the rules and let Bush start his work.

Do you really beleive there is any fundamental difference between Gore and Bush? Bizarre.

td.
    "One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.

Frenzied Member

I believe so. Why do you think they are the same?

Bush=responsible, Gore=liar

They are both politicians, therefore by definition are both liars.

I am curious. Can you explain what basis you have for calling George W Bush responsible?

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

One example is this whole circus over the drinking. Bush might have been addicted to alchohol but he realized it and RESPONSIBLY quit.

Yes, he responsibly realised he wasn't ever going to get into the White House as a lush.

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Gore hasn't realized that he isn't going to get
    into the White House as a liar...

What is this hang up you have against Liars. All politicians have to be liars sometimes, so therefore all your Presidents have been liars.

Before anyone gets upset, also all English Prime Ministers are liars, as are every leader of 'advanced' society on the planet. This is the job of a politician. It is unavoidable.

Whether a politician is a liar is a moot point - although being a skilled liar (or at least having a team of skilled liars) is a more or less a job pre-requisite.

It is competence that that sets great leaders apart. And i'm sorry, but Bush seems to be sadly lacking in this department. The man appears to be an imbecile.

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

So you think that if Gore wants to say "I won't bomb ____" and he lies and ends up starting wwIII then that perfectly fine?

What do you know about a leaders competence if all that he says all and that you hear about him are lies?

Why is Bush not competent? Because he cannnot name some obscure country's leaders?

Brain.status=dead
    Eye.color=red
    System.logoff.request
    Conversation.politics = continued tmmrow
    ttfn

When it comes to your leaders, you hear what it has been decided you shall hear (good or bad, either by spin doctors, the press, state dept, whatever). it does not matter

History judges the true competance of our leaders. But may at least hazard some guesses ;-)

Why is Bush not competent? Because he cannnot name some obscure country's leaders?
    Are you serious? Those obscure countrie's, at the time, were serious international hotspots (some of them NUCLEAR).

Andy Hiller, a political reporter for WHDH-TV in Boston asked Bush to name the leaders of Chechnya, Taiwan, India and Pakistan.

Bush's response was "Wait, wait, is this 50 questions?...".

(Taiwan have a fight with China, Pakistan and India have big missiles)

Considering he is going for a job in the big leagues, you think he'd know who else was playing!

I say again, he appears to be an imbecile. Think about that sentance. Bush appears to have very little respect outside the US.

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Frenzied Member
    Bush can lead the country with respect.
    Gore is too worried about homosexual marriage and minority affirmative action.
    Gore is a hypocrite. For example, he ridicules violence in movies, but takes $$ millions from Hollywood.
    How can we trust him? He's confused about whether he
    wants to be liberal or conservative. Duh.
    We have enough problems of our own without worrying
    about Chechnya, Taiwan, India or Pakistan.

We have enough problems of our own without worrying
    about Chechnya, Taiwan, India or Pakistan.
    You're serious aren't you? Scary...

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Frenzied Member
    No.
    Just playing the role of the typical arrogant American.
    I want Bush, but he will possibly have to brush up on his
    International etiquette. He has only been governor, so
    he needs time to learn foreign policy.

ok, furry muff.

He has about 2 months to get ready.
    (Also, Gore could do with it as well. He's viewed by most of the international community as a bit of a tit)

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Ofcourse I won't be the one to tell the american people what to vote and wich kanidate is bad or good, but....

I do believe that the American voting system is wrong. I believe that a lot of people don't have a representitive in politics at all.

The systems only help 2 groups of people with 2 parties, while her in Europe, the Netherlands to be exactly, we have a more patry system. That way more people have a party that supports there ideas. You have one for the poor, the rich, nature and so on.

In the USA you only have the rich and the very rich that are supported by our great ass G. Bush. And on the other hand you have our just as big ass Gore, who's only intrests go out to the middle and upper class.
    Then ofcourse whe have the Nader people. But what is somebody going to do with one million against people who have billions to campain.

And by the way, if you think that the companies are paying these bilions then you're wrong. When Busch has to run another campain, the prices for oil and other toxic goods will go up. On the otherhand when Gore needs to do another campain, the supermarket will raise their prices. So don't kid yourself like the republican that was on dutch television last week. Don't believe these people are realy smart.

See you in januari, when and if the presidenty wil change.
    Catch you later,

Jeroen Hoekemeijer
    Code:
    If 1 = 2 Then MajorError

Addicted Member
    The fact of the matter is if Bush has lied he hasn't been caught and the fact that Gore has basically been a pathological liar through the whole campaign. Bush didn't have to admit he was an alcholic, but he did. He took responsibility for his behavior and corrected it. The man wasn't even thinking of politics back then let alone the presidency. I have heard people(mostly Gore supporters) make all these vague acusations with no backing behind them. You say all politicians are liars and since bush is running that makes him automatically a liar. Where is your proof. what basis other than descrimination do you have for this. I have tons of examples for calling Gore a liar and a hipocrit, were are yours for Bush. So bush had some mistatment, so has everybody in this forum and Gore has made porbably as many a bush.

ex: I want to raise the smartist americans in the world.

You have yet to even discuss this on what really matters, the issue.

erm, he lied about being arrested for drink driving.

Will that do you?

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Addicted Member
    he did not! when it was brought to him he admitted it.

In an interview in The New Republic in 1998, it is documented that Bush stated he "...hadn't been arrested for anything after 1968".

He was arrested in 1976

That, therefore, is a lie.

Also, why don't you take a look here.
    http://salon.com/politics/feature/2000/10/11/bush/

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Addicted Member
    your pulling out articles from 2 years ago that I can't even go and verify. Cute

Did you have a look at that link...it was written on Oct. 11, 2000

The points in that article are surely all public record. They are there for you to check.

You have yet to even discuss this on what really matters, the issue

If Tax Cut vs. Budget Surplus, selective Tax Relief, and plans for privatization of Social Security are not 'The Issues', then i can't imagine what could be.

td.

[Edited by tumblingdown on 11-14-2000 at 10:44 AM]

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Addicted Member
    Those are not even lies. a tax cut does not even count as spending. A tax cut would be a reduction in income not spending. They are not the same and any busness owner will tell you that. The sarasote thing while not a complete lie was way over exagerated and Bush called him on it. He never lied about htat he just explained the facts of the situation. The social securtity thing-I have seent fanacial reports from other sources saying that it is the best idea ever. and for the Tax cut- yes the top one percent will end up with a large chunk more, he never denied that. but the whole story was never told until the last debat and I already new because I REARCHED THE ISSUES. The top 1% get about a 3% reduction. I believe 35k to 60k gets around a 50% cut and those families under 35k would get upto 100%cut. 3% 0f 30k in takes is 9k, 50% of 3k is 1500 and 100% of 1k is 1k. Those that explain it enough for your. But then again Gore doesn't even know what he believes. Let me know if I missed anything.

a tax cut does not even count as spending. A tax cut would be a reduction in income not spending. They are not the same and any busness owner will tell you that
    Bollocks. A tax cut (in this sense) is a reduction in the income the goverment will get from one of it's (visible) streams of revenue. If the working mothers allowance (or whatever your US equivilent is) also goes down (to counter some of the goverments lost revenue), then tell the working mother that she got a 'tax cut'.

Do you think if a goverment says it's going to reduce taxes, that it will suddenly become cheaper to run the business of goverment. I am a business owner, and with a business on the scale of goverment (or even large corperates) finacial planning does not invlove primary school economics.

td.

td.

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Addicted Member
    There is nothing on that link about bush dening over 2 years ago(completely outside the scope of this campaign) in any report thathe dinied being arrested for a DUI. I have read it 3 times, not to mention that it was two years ago that he did and when asked during the camppaign he addmitted to it. Now you got some senetor(mostlikely a democrat) he is just throughing awaymoney. Come on, get real here. That social security plan is the best hope for social security to survive other than gore through trillions more into just to save ten bucks a month. Personally I don't even believe in having social security and I know I could get more out of the money than what the government does. Social security was created by the Democratic party and make the american people dependent on the government. The Democrats are socialists plain and simple. Did you even know that Gore and Hillary was leading supporters in a suggested NATO treaty that would take children after birth, away from its parents for five years to be raised by socalled "professionals". how much more socialist do you want. That right there blows away anything Nixon did right there since you were so intent on that. Gore wants to take away guns from the public which is a constitutional right because that would make the american people easier for him to control. Here I go ranting and raving again. I do appologize.

Addicted Member
    First off that tax cut comes from the surplus which is extra money. This is considering All the expense are paid. However Gore wants to increase the size of the government by spending that money instead of returning it were it belongs, the people.

dude,

you suggested Bush was not a liar. I pointed out to you that he lied over his arrest record (yes this lie was committed 2 years ago, but it is still a lie) and it is not on that link (check any cnn report on the matter for proof).

That link (salon) was brought to your attention purely to point out that Bush may not be the 'responsible' guy that you and the other campaign co-ordinators (joke!!) make him out to be.

I am neither pro Gore or pro Bush, infact i know very little about day to day US politics (being British) other than (my original point) Bush just seems to act like a raving tit.

And as for Hillary wanting to eat small babies, that does not surprise me.

td.

[Edited by tumblingdown on 11-14-2000 at 11:25 AM]

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

Addicted Member
    Give your definition of liar. To me a liar is someone who repeatedly embelishes the facts or just completely changes the facts. alot of that article was simply perspective and nowhere in any of it did bush actually lie. All people tell lies from time to time but, atleast to me, that doesn't make everybody a liar. Gore has done this consistently and I give him credit for this, he admitted to it. This never seemed to stop him though. This whole thing has been ran from an interpritational difference in liar. I'm looking for that report on Bush.

Fanatic Member
    td,

Give it up. You are looking for rationality in a situation where a lot of, supposedly rational people are demanding that other people be allowed to re-vote 'cos they punched the card twice! Ok they could make a mistake and punch the wrong hole, but who in their right minds thought that putting a second hole in the card would then make it a valid vote for Gore?

About 19,500 of these morons, that is who.

we may not know a lot about Gore and Bush, but they both seem pretty insular and damn scary from a European perspective!

Cheers,

Paul.

P.S. jdavidson, I am NOT having a go at you!
    Not nearly so tired now...

Haven't been around much so be gentle...

Addicted Member
    So what are you trying to say, that I'm not worth your time, that my opinion is unimportant, that I am stupid...

You also mispelled my name, 1 D only please.

The whole election is screwed up. Now there are multiple law-suits from both Bush and Gore. This means that instead of a democracy we have a partisan judge electing (sort of)the next president.

Maybe I can't convince anyone that Bush is honest, but at least everyone should allow that Gore is a liar

Hey if the cap fits

Originally posted by jdavison
    So what are you trying to say, that I'm not worth your time, that my opinion is unimportant, that I am stupid...

You also mispelled my name, 1 D only please.
    How did you know..........only joking dude sorry couldn't resist it.

Bush

This guy is going to do to America what John Howard has done to Australia. Sure huge budget surplus, but this comes from the total removal of all social services, (free education, free medical), plus additional taxes on the service industries. Now if l stripped my company of all customer services and charged alot more for my product then the bottom line figure would look a hell of a lot better.

Bush is going to grab the money from the poor and hand it out to his buddies in the big corps.

Liars

Bush has clearly learned all he knows from John Howard. Little Johnny not only a liar, he is a very bad liar, e.g the statement that no police units would be sent over seas during a Coalition government....hmmm....l guess the police units that went into East Timor before the military don't count.

Tumblingdown is quite correct, all politicians are liars, it's in their job description.

I agree though that America has a lot of internal problems to fix, your gun laws are just plain crazy. And would some one pass a law to ban all male friggin pop groups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast