Thread: ADODB ADODC1 to 9

ADODB ADODC1 to 9

Question i have many connections and recordsets

i have been using the data control for collecting data, is there any limit on how many data controls i have in a project?

also im getting a strange error on one error 545 unable to bind to field item, any ideas?

thanks in advance
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The hall is rented,"
    "the orchestra is engaged,"
    "its now time to see if you can dance!"
    Q, Q-Who, Star Trek The Next Generation
    General Work day

DOS, Win 95, Win 98 SE, Win ME, Win NT 4.0 SP6a, Windows 2000 SP3, Window XP SP1, Office 97 Pro, Office 2000 Pro, Visual Basic 6 (SP5), SQL, Oracle

Re: ADODB ADODC1 to 9

What data control are you using? Have you tried using a Data Enviroment to manage you various connections and recordsets? There is virtually no limit with a Data Enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyElliott
    What data control are you using? Have you tried using a Data Enviroment to manage you various connections and recordsets? There is virtually no limit with a Data Enviroment.
    the ado dc data control

what do u mean by data enviroment? is in vb6 ?
    "The hall is rented,"
    "the orchestra is engaged,"
    "its now time to see if you can dance!"
    Q, Q-Who, Star Trek The Next Generation
    General Work day

DOS, Win 95, Win 98 SE, Win ME, Win NT 4.0 SP6a, Windows 2000 SP3, Window XP SP1, Office 97 Pro, Office 2000 Pro, Visual Basic 6 (SP5), SQL, Oracle

Frenzied Member

Robbo:

The "ado dc data control" is a bound control and is highly disfavored to use in anything but the most simple lookup applications and even then most "real" VB programmers wouldn't use them.

I don't know what version of VB you have, but when you first start VB instead of selecting Standard.Exe project, select Data Project. When the VB window opens you will see a folder in the Projects Window named Designers and under that DataEnvironment1. If you double click on DataEnvironment1 another window will open and you will see Connection1 listed. This is where you can set your database connection. It is not a very difficult process, but it is a little too long to walk you through it in this posting.
    If you have a book on VB it should be explained in the book or if you search some of the many tutorials available on line you should find a lot of info.

Good Luck