You know text messages on a cell phone? Well, there's two things about them I don't like, one is the fact that I have to pay more a month for unlimited text messenging then a dail-up isp. The other would be useing the keys on a phone to type text.

My girlfriend text messages me all the time and I started to have her text message my email, so I could text her from my email for free. Well, the problem is I am using Hotmail and it is annoying checking the message, then hiting reply, deleting the reply B.S. and so on. So, what I want to write is a program that when her text message arrives to my hotmail(I have the email for her phone number) what it does it open it like a I.M then delete the message from my Hotmail account. I also want to be able to reply to this.

So, my first question would be(like I stated above, I havn't been around in awhile)...Would VB.NET be best to use rather then VB6?

Also, could anyone possible send me some URLs to a couple of websites to help me get this program in progress? Possibly the very beginners tutorials...

Any help at all would be really appricated, I am tired of being ******* by the wireless companys for services well overly priced. Thanks alot...