Thread: Suggested Books/Tutorials

Suggested Books/Tutorials

I need some suggestions on the best books/tutorials for a preety advanced VB6 programmer going into VB.NET. I have ran around the IDE a little bit, and have noticed alot of similiar things, the only major difference I have seen so far is the way the program coding is structured and how imports work. I just don't like alot of the books where the first chapter covers variables and a few other small stuff, but it's some of the small stuff you don't know yet, and that usually forces you to have to read through pages of meaningless code to reach the small stuff. I just need something where it's a VB6 Programmer talking to other VB6 Programmers. Can anyone make some suggestions?
    Age - 15 ::: Level - Advanced
    If you find my post useful please ::Rate It::

Re: Suggested Books/Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha1782
    I need some suggestions ... for a preety advanced VB6 programmer going into VB.NET...
    You may need to forget all about that for awhile - think of yourself as you are the beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha1782
    ...I just don't like alot of the books where the first chapter covers variables and a few other small stuff,...
    As you may already know there isn't any small stuff...

Anyway, take a look at Beginning VB.NET (Programmer to Programmer) but there are plenty of others available.

Good luck.

Well what I mean is there may be a chapter covering functions. I skim through it and see they still take the basic same structure, but there are other parts in there where it's like "but new in the .NET language you can enhance your functions by doing this and this" and I may completely miss that while skimming the chapter.

Thanks for the link
    Age - 15 ::: Level - Advanced
    If you find my post useful please ::Rate It::

Not at all bro..Every single thing is different

Id use MSDN as a good reference and check out the controls you used to use. Note: some are gone like Winsock, and their alternatives are