Thread: Check Drag and Drop

Addicted Member

Check Drag and Drop

hi there how can i know if a nought has been dropped onto any of the 9 picture boxes. here is my code
    VB Code:
    1. Private Sub picNoughts_MouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles picNoughts.MouseDown
    3.         If OX = True Then
    4.             picNoughts.DoDragDrop(picNoughts.Image, DragDropEffects.Move)
    5.             OX = False
    6.             picCrosses.Enabled = True
    7.             If pic11.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic12.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic13.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    8.                 pic21.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic22.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic23.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    9.                 pic31.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic32.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic33.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    10.                 pic11.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic21.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic31.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    11.                 pic12.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic22.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic32.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    12.                 pic13.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic23.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic33.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    13.                 pic13.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic22.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic31.Image Is picNoughts.Image Or _
    14.                 pic11.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic22.Image Is picNoughts.Image And pic33.Image Is picNoughts.Image Then
    15.                 CalNoughts()
    16.             Else
    17.                 Drawn()
    18.             End If
    19.         End If
    20.     End Sub

Hyperactive Member francisstokes's Avatar

Re: Check Drag and Drop

When i made a O's and X's game i used nine picture boxes (box_11, box_12 et cetera). I think thats the best way to do it.

The way your doing it, you should check where the user drops the O, and then set a boolean Variable to true accordingly. eg:

VB Code:
    1. IsO(1,1) = true

Addicted Member

sorry i can't understand IsO(1,1) = true

Addicted Member

could somebody explain me please what is Is(1,1) mean