Thread: Pre-defined New Window Size!

Question Pre-defined New Window Size!

I had asked this question in the past as well but after having got no solution yet, I am posting the question again. One can gauge how desperate I must be to get a solution to the following question; so sorry for repeating the question. I hope someone helps me resolve this issue once & for all atleast this time.

I am using the Microsoft Internet Control in a VB6 project. Sometimes, it happens that when a link is clicked in a web page, a new window with pre-defined dimensions (i.e. the dimensions are hard coded in the web page using JavaScript or some other scripting language) gets opened. Often such windows which are in a restored state cannot be resized, maximized or restored & don't have the toolbar, menubar & on some occasions, even the address bar.

In the browser I have developed, almost 85% of the Form area is covered by the web browser control; so when a web page with normal dimensions gets loaded, not even a minute part of the Form can be seen in this 85% area of the Form.

Now clicking such a link in my browser does open the web page in a new window of my browser but it opens in the maximized state. Also since the dimensions of this new window have been programmed to be lesser than the conventional dimensions, the web page covers only a small area of the Form which makes the rest of the Form visible as shown in the image attached (the brown area in the image is the Form). This gives a very shabby look to the browser.

How do I ensure that such new windows open in their pre-defined dimensions as coded by the programmer?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ARPAN

IF YOU HAVE AN APPLE & I HAVE AN APPLE AND WE EXCHANGE THE APPLES, THEN YOU & I WILL STILL HAVE ONE APPLE BUT IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA & I HAVE AN IDEA AND WE EXCHANGE OUR IDEAS, THEN EACH OF US WILL HAVE TWO IDEAS!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD.....EVEN THE WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I'M POSSIBLE!

PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT; SO WHY PRACTICE?

Re: Pre-defined New Window Size!

No one??????

ARPAN

IF YOU HAVE AN APPLE & I HAVE AN APPLE AND WE EXCHANGE THE APPLES, THEN YOU & I WILL STILL HAVE ONE APPLE BUT IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA & I HAVE AN IDEA AND WE EXCHANGE OUR IDEAS, THEN EACH OF US WILL HAVE TWO IDEAS!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD.....EVEN THE WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I'M POSSIBLE!

PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT; SO WHY PRACTICE?

Re: Pre-defined New Window Size!

i have no idea...but just try changing values in these sections of registry, ignore i'm wrong
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document Windows
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    If an answer to your question has been helpful, then please, Rate it!

Have done Projects in Access and Member management systems using BioMetric devices, Smart cards and BarCodes.