Thread: App Class

Lively Member

Question

What is an App Class,

I'm told I need to use when if I want to perform an action when the app ends rather than in the Form Unload event.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Best regards,

Rob Brown.

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar

Do you mean the app object, from which you can get info about your project? like app.path and app.Title...

I'm not sure what you mean with performing actions in Unload Event, what do you need to have done?
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Lively Member
    I have built an Add-In program for a SCADA system which places an icon in the system tray.

I am calling the function to remove the icon from the tray in the Form Unload event.

This works OK if the user ends the application directly but when the SCADA system ends it (this happens with the NT Task Manager as well) the icon is not removed.

I need to find somewhere to call my function from so that the icon is removed from the system tray even when the application is 'Killed'.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Rob Brown.

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    Ah, now i remeber, sorry about that but i guess it was because you had moved the topic to a new thread.

No there isn't a way to catch the termination as an event in within your project not even an activeX ocx or dll would be able to catch it. If it really is critical, you could create an app that runs parallell with yours and destroys the icon if it's being terminated.
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.