Thread: Crash

Crash

Watched the film 'Crash' last night. Superb - wholly recommended
    "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein

It's turtles! And it's all the way down

Re: Crash

Ohh...there I went hoping for you to tell me that you had crashed your new car and died...alas....

I heard it was rubbish despite the Oscars.

Worth watching simply for the performances, impeccable cinematography, and dialogue.

Whether or not you like the story (actually stories) is up to you.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein

Shared Member

Who crashed?
    Use [code] source code here[/code] tags when you post source code.

My Articles

Don't know. Was supping beer at the moment.

I crashed my car in a traffic light once. Wasn't 100% my faul though, since it was impossible for me to see the traffic light, since there was two guys standing in front of it, blocking my view...

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishGuy
    That's Brokeback mountain you're thinking of.

I haven't seen Crash, I will be watching it tonight most likely.

I even understood all the Persian lines in there. I am officially pretentious now.

Quote Originally Posted by mendhak
    I even understood all the Persian lines in there. I am officially pretentious now.
    Was it a good film then?

Im looking forward to "Inside Man" (no Pun's please) which is out on friday.

v-For Vendetta might be worth a watch also.

Was it a good film then?

Im looking forward to "Inside Man" (no Pun's please) which is out on friday.

v-For Vendetta might be worth a watch also.
    Much better than all the other movies I've seen this year, including Brokeback and Narnia.

When watching the movie, pay attention to everything. And I mean, everything, because you'll spend the first part of the movie thinking it's just one big racist movie, and the second half watching everything come together in... different ways.

Planet Xeoroaniar CC Posts:1,928,453,459,361

An Oscar nomination for best picture usually discourages me from watching it as they are too boring.

Watched Wallace & Gromit:Curse of the Were-Rabbit last night. Genius! Haven't laughed so much for ages!
    Life is one big rock tune

This Oscar nominated (and won?) film certainly deserved the accolades. As Mendhak says; you'll probably need to pay attention all the way through the film - or watch it twice.

The director certainly exercised subtlety in this film.

But those kind of films I hate with a passion. You spend so much trying to figure it out and follow it you can't just sit back and enjoy it. IMO action, fantasy and adventure films do not get enough coverage at the Oscars which is why I no longer pay any attention to them.

For example King Kong gets 3 oscars, as does Crash. Yet Crash gets all the publicity.
    This is effectively telling all the special effects staff that they are not as vital to a film as the actors. What a load of rubbish, those guys have studied hard and worked even harder get a truly awesome film released, and when they win an award they are effectively told it is not as valuable as the Best Actor/Actress or Best Picture awards. Disgusting. And as for their constant refusal to allow a Best Stunt award that is even worse! These guys actually risk their lives for the stunt to be perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valleysboy1978
    But those kind of films I hate with a passion. You spend so much trying to figure it out and follow it you can't just sit back and enjoy it. IMO action, fantasy and adventure films do not get enough coverage at the Oscars which is why I no longer pay any attention to them.

For example King Kong gets 3 oscars, as does Crash. Yet Crash gets all the publicity.
    This is effectively telling all the special effects staff that they are not as vital to a film as the actors. What a load of rubbish, those guys have studied hard and worked even harder get a truly awesome film released, and when they win an award they are effectively told it is not as valuable as the Best Actor/Actress or Best Picture awards. Disgusting. And as for their constant refusal to allow a Best Stunt award that is even worse! These guys actually risk their lives for the stunt to be perfect!!
    Do you prefer comics, too?

No, prefer books. Look at LOTR for a good example. All 3 should have won Best Picture but the first two were snubbed. As for the third one, the only reason it got so many oscars was due to pressure from a lack of recognition from the first two.

Also, isn't it strange how almost all of the films were released in the last 4 months, yet it is supposed to represent the full year? It is no wonder this years Oscars was the second least watched ever.

It's horses for courses I think Valleys. Whilst I agree that action films probably do deserve more publicity, I also think the actors winning the awards is not always due to their performance but more because of the quality script writing in those kind of films. If I go to the cinema I like to see action films because the special effects and sounds on the big screen are so much better. But when im staying in I love the films where you have to really concentrate or perhaps watch twice. one of my favourite films is Memento with guy pierce I must have watched that about 100 times.

No, prefer books. Look at LOTR for a good example. All 3 should have won Best Picture but the first two were snubbed. As for the third one, the only reason it got so many oscars was due to pressure from a lack of recognition from the first two.

Also, isn't it strange how almost all of the films were released in the last 4 months, yet it is supposed to represent the full year? It is no wonder this years Oscars was the second least watched ever.
    Three films, but they were not standalone. Taken together, the third movie represented LOTR as a whole... What I mean is, the Oscar was given to the LOTR trilogy, but technically just to the third movie.

One of my favourite films is Memento with guy pierce I must have watched that about 100 times.
    Yet it received no awards. The academy awards do not award films for merit, only for shock value or politics. Pitiful

I believe that the Beano is quite action packed. I have some copies from my early childhood that I can fedex your way.

Just kidding, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by yrwyddfa
    I believe that the Beano is quite action packed. I have some copies from my early childhood that I can fedex your way.

Just kidding, of course.

About Beano being action packed? I'd still accept those packages.