Thread: The VBForums Wrapper

The VBForums Wrapper

EDIT: This project is out-dated, I now recommend VBForums Quickpast as an alternative.

The VBForums Wrapper adds extended functionality to VBForums and CodeGuru Forums

These features are as follows:
    • Index Display Options (display only the forums you use)
    • Add Your own custom Smilies to the post editor
    • standard [code] Blocks elegantly color VB/C# code
    • The Unsubscribe Bug Fixed!
    • "Thanks" Button added (VBForums Only)
    • Extended Reputation system (see forum ranks and reputation between both forums)

It is an application, not a plugin. It is written in VB.NET 2005 so .NET 2.0 runtimes are required.

Hint:
    To make your [code] blocks look nice for non-wrapper users as well, use the 'Paste Code' menu by right-clicking in your post area whenever you submit code.

Brought to you by myself, Phill64
    This is Freeware.

EDIT: Ok so this project is pretty old, but it turns out some of you out there are still enjoying it, but had trouble with the soruce recently, I have uploaded the corrected source files (modder object and app are in two seperate project files now) hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Phill64; Jul 6th, 2008 at 11:40 PM.

Re: The VBForums Wrapper

Have you thought about posting a link to this thread over at CG so they can see it works for them too?

Also, the link is not working.

Looks like you did a great job and spend allot of time on this.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

the link is not working
    My domain is having serious DNS problems, it works for some users and not others.. hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

Have you thought about posting a link to this thread over at CG so they can see it works for them too?
    Yes I will post it up at CG too, but i may hold out until the next version, especially since CG is a much slower forum than VBF.. because the next feature i want to add is tabbed or windowed browsing, as another user has suggested and myself would find extremely useful.

Looks like you did a great job and spend allot of time on this.
    Thanks, it did take quite alot of time yes, more than expected, there was always one more little detail to worry about so it seemed. But anyway, is it something you will use (when at ur home pc, of course)? if not, in what ways was it less convinient to use than regular IE?

P.S congrats! on getting your 3rd bright gem!
    Last edited by Phill64; Mar 3rd, 2006 at 11:30 AM.

The code/files within this thread (updated: 03-16-2006) have been checked for malware by a moderator.

Disclaimer: This does not necessarily mean that any compiled files (DLL/EXE/OCX etc) are completely safe, but any supplied code does not contain any obvious malware. It also does not imply that code is error free, or that it performs exactly as described.

It is recommended that you manually check any code before running it, and/or use an automated tool such as Source Search by Minnow (available here or here).
    If you find any serious issues (ie: the code causes damage or some sort), please contact a moderator of this forum.

Usage of any code/software posted on this forum is at your own risk.
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Mar 16th, 2006 at 05:36 AM.