Thread: VB Autorunning off a CD

Does anyone know of a way to get a VB (6) program to Autorun off a CD without having to install anything?

I've tried a demo of a product called Fusion without satisfactory results, and I've tried putting the necessary .dll's (VB Run Time and scrrun.dll) on the root of the CD with the program for the heck of it, but that didn't work.

I've written a simple image viewing program so that I can burn digital camera pictures to a CD to give to people, and I want them to be able to just stick the CD in and automatically run the picture viewer with the pictures on the CD. It does work if I give them an installation CD first, and after that the picture CD's will work because the dll's are registered, but I'd like to skip that step.

Thanks,
    Josh

without having to install anything?
    and after that the picture CD's will work because the dll's are registered, but I'd like to skip that step.
    Sleep well, you have to install all the runtime DLL's and any additional DLL's you use in order for the program to work on foreign computers... unless you use Fusion ofcourse.
    Jop - validweb.nl

Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

without having to install anything?
    and after that the picture CD's will work because the dll's are registered, but I'd like to skip that step.

No can do!

You must have the runtime files installed on the system!!!

Fusion doesn't do the job either... I think it is oleaut32.dll that Fusion does not install.

Best way to go about your biz is to install the runtimefiles silently, and register them silently.

http://www.wintax.nl/isx has a "My Inno Setup" that can install and register .dll files silently. It also checks if the files are installed already.

This works good for me, and I have an app that runs from a CD.

martin

Hyperactive Member
    Just a thought .

Create an Autorun Inf and Include regserv32 on the cd and reg the Dll's .

or
    Auto Run a Batch file to do it .

[]P
    Visual Basic 6 SP4 on win98se

QUIT THE RAT RACE BECAUSE YOUR MESSING THE WORLD UP !!!!!

Frenzied Member
    Not really on the subject but Im kind of curious. You don't have to tell us but...how are you burning it to a cd? I haven't found that code anywhere.

I'm using DirectCD/ EasyCD Creator. Maybe I was vague, but I'm not using any VB code to burn the CDs, I'm burning my VB program to the CD.

Josh