I am working on a program that will create NT user accounts. However right now the only way I have been able to do it is by shelling out the command to the net user /add command line program. I know it can be done with netapi32 and I have portions of the code to do it with, but none of them are working quite right. If anyone is or has been through this or just knows something about this dll that might be helpful drop me a line.

Situation :
1500 - 9x clients
18 - NT 4 servers
4 - NT Domains
6 - IT personnel

As you can see I need to lift this account management burden from the IT staff and delegate it down to our helpers without giving them 'admin' privliges.

My current resolution :
Two part system : 1st part runs on server which is logged on as admin(server is locked). 2nd part is client given to our helpers. Client opens winsock connection with server portion. Client sends commands that instruct the server which has the privliges to execute them. However the client is limited to send only the commands that I enter into the server. Otherwise the server disregards the command. Also the UI of the client is limited in it's functionalty to only change passwords (when old password has been forgotten), create new accounts in the Domain, create new Internet access accounts, and e-mail accounts.

If you are interested in what i have done so far let me know and i will send you the code but i really need help with this dll.

Thanks in advance

Philip Smith, MCP
Calhoun County Schools
Anniston, AL
256-237-5783