Thread: Meter Maids..

Addicted Member

Talking

I got a 50$ parking ticket today for being parked 2 inches in the red zone!! how fing great eh?

And me being the hardhead that i am i argued with the "METER MAID"

She parked her fattass in the middle of the road...blocking traffic ..just to give me a ticket for parking a few inches in the red zone.. so i screamed at her "So it's fine and ****ing dandy that you block the road eh?..so i guess the ends really do justify the means right?" and she said "well i aint parked" and i said "well your blocking traffic"
    and she says "well i have a job to do" ..then me with my big mouth said "ah shut your fattass up" and she looked at me with that "i am god because i have a badge" look on her fat face and i said "so what? what you going to do? you cant do nothing just cause i called you what you are" then she says "well at least i aint he one getting a ticket"

hehe she got me there. oh well. haha

i hate meter maids...lol

That stinks!!

Some laws are just carried a little to much to the letter.

We have a guy out here who is trying to get his security clearance upgraded. When he was a kid, he and bunch of buddys got drunk and tried to load a cow into the back of his pickup. The farmer caught him and made the police (who thought the whole thing was funny) charge the guys with cattle rustling. This is a felony. So...since he has a felony on his record and he was 18 (legal age) at the time, he can't upgrade his clearance. This means that he won't be able to work on some of the cooler programs out here.

I know this sounds stupid but it's true!

Addicted Member

Talking Oh man...hehe

You would think the govt. would "use common sense" in a situation like that... i mean nobody got hurt..and it was a while back. why not let it go... but i guess they know best.

You guess wrong
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

Question Don't think so

I'm with HarryW. Enforcing laws that have been on the books since the dawn of time and don't make sense anymore is stupid enough but stopping someone from getting a good job because of something that stupid (that happened when they were only 18) is even stupider!

Ticketing you for 2" worth of red zone is assinine too! Common sense is a thing of the past!!!!

Addicted Member

Talking Let me rephrase that..

When i said "i guess they are right" i meant to say it in a sarcastic way... i know they have there head way up there ass when it comes to common sense.

The govt. and common sense do not mix!.

Take this stupid law for example.. it is a law that pertains to seal beach or santa monica harbor.. hahaha

the law says

"You cannot shoot a whale with a shotgun, without being 2 to 3 miles away from the costline"

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

First off... a shotgun blast cannot reach anywhere near a mile...lol.Second, in all the times i have been too seal beach or santa monica harbor.. i have never seen a whale. *HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA* i cant believe someone thought that law up.

"Cannot breath because of soo much laughing"

Ok OK am cool.... stupid laws..

lates.

[Edited by Sophtware on 11-03-2000 at 02:53 PM]

Here in England, there are still laws dating back to the dark ages with death penalties attached. There's at least 2 to do with bridges - one is that you can't drive sheep over a certain bridge, and another is that you're not to spit while crossing some bridge.

There are plenty more, but they're the only 2 I remember. Oh yeah there's one more - impersonating a Chelsea Pensioner (death penalty).
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

Hyperactive Member Juan Carlos Rey's Avatar

Wink Rita?

Wasn´t that Meter Maid named Rita?

Remember "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid, nothing can come between us..."?
    Combat poverty: kill a poor!!

Unhappy Juan....Beatles right?

In Sydney they are called "Brown Bombers", and are normally immigrants...no one else would want to do the job....it's below Lawyers, Real Estate Agents, and Insurance salespeople.

However...............

On the gold coast they have these Wonder Babes, in real small shorts and bikini tops who dole out the tickets. My god l've never seen so many blocks wanting to get booked.

barrk

And of course the buearocrats just answer "we only enforce the law, not make it" just like good little nazis.

Hyperactive Member Juan Carlos Rey's Avatar

Wink Beatles, yes.

Right, Jethro!
    Combat poverty: kill a poor!!