Thread: MAPI & VB

Fanatic Member
    I am going to put a very general question out there so I will be expecting a very general answer in return. I am thinking of using VB to access attachments in a mailbox. We use GroupWise 5.5 in this office not outlook as our client so I am thinking that may be a problem. I have no idea where to start. I have gone into MSDN and am searching around but am asking for some general direction or advise on this. Does anyone have any suggestions that may lead me in the right direction??

Thanks

Fanatic Member
    Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Addicted Member
    Can you use the Groupwise ActiveX components?

Fanatic Member
    You know I am not sure. Like I stated earlier I have no idea where to start. I don't know wnything abou this. I will try and do some research on that but do you have any suggestions on how to find out that information? I really apprciate any help that you may be able to give.

Addicted Member
    Look in your components and see if you have "GroupwiseX Activex Control Module. If you check this component and try it to see what is available. I did use it a while back but, our groupwise administrator will not make it SMTP compliant so I could not use the control and did not pursue it any farther. I believe this was the problem. Good Luck!

Joe

Fanatic Member
    Would it be possible to get some sample code from you on mapi???? Maybe the one that you could not get to work with GW???

Addicted Member
    There was not much code they told me it wouldn't work and I went on to something else but here is what I remember: I dropped the object on to a form and was able to use it like you would word or excel or a com object. You may want to try Novell's Site.
    ex. myGroupWise.show, myGroupwise.hide groupwise.emailaddress etc...

Hope this helps,

Joe