Thread: Problem

Question

Hi, I have this problems:
    My first problem is that the project is in VB5 SP3.
    My second problem is that the project are 6 separated EXEs.
    I have compile all the EXEs in a NT4 SP6. And create a setup instalation tool with the Setup Wizard that come with VB5.
    I have a PC with a empty Win98, it has instaled only OS.
    So next I do install the proyect. Until here all is OK.
    Next I do test the instaled project and it crash ("object variable not set"). But if I do the same step in my machine it don't crash!.
    I have try this:
    I instaled VB5 in the Win98 PC. Next I test the project and it works! I can't beleive it!

So my idea is that the Setup Wizard do not install all the DLL that my project need to run.
    My question is how can I know wich DLLs I have to add to the Setup Wizard? Is there other setup instalation tool the can help to do GOOD setup instalation programs?
    Thanks in advance.
    Julio

Unhappy Ok this is a real tough one based on the supplied info

Depends on what controls, databases, wavs, gifs etc etc you have included in your project. As a general rule you have to manually included all things which ain't vb5 core. So if you are using third party controls you will have to manually include everything for that control. If you are using mdbs you will have to include these.

There are problems deploying from an NT developement environment to Win95 & Win98 PCs.

We need more info????

What exactly is the error message, when you run the compiled exe, have you recompiled it on the Win98 PC.

Thumbs up

Jethro, thanks for answer my question.
    I do include al the files that come with the project (there are only RPT files).
    Working in this headache, I got an older version of setup instalation program. Comparing both .LST files I find that some DLL differs in the version number, of course!
    It seem that in the machine that the older setup instalation program was created, was installed some version of MS Office 97 SP2.
    Now I'm comparing both .LST to find diferrens, and chango by hand the version numbre. An awfull work to do.
    If you have any sugestion fell free to do it.
    Thanks agian,
    Julio