Thread: R E S O U R C E S

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar

Thumbs down

Yep, just look at this:
    http://www.geocities.com/kedasu/funny.jpg

I was trying to explain how you run something to my friend when and what happens when you press start button!!
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

**** happens There's also an error if you move to the "new" menu too fast or something you just see one menu "New" instead of the files (Text file, Bitmap, ...)

Hehe, had that happen before,
    the first time it happened, I thought a "l33t0 hAx0r" broke into my computer with sub7 or something, and deleted all of the "new" context menu registry entries...

speaking about "l33t0 hAx0r" what has it to do with new context menus especially the start menu?

Well i thought anyone would notice i typed big green letters out there "R E S O U R C E S" and hoped you could remember that when replying but hmm, that's the point, if you don't have enough resources then fwop! and some items are dropped out of the menus and other annoying stuff with the fonts...
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

When you run out of those things that Microsoft calls resources, use a program like RamBooster or MemMonster to free some of those.

http://www.download.com/

Also try using a better operating system.

eh, you really think Ram has anything to do with resources?
    Use

I have no idea how those resources thingies are designed... But those programs always worked for me.

Question

Ive just run both Rambooster and Memmonster and freed up 90M of ram, what happened is that everything runs extreeeeemly slow! Isn't it just swapping stuff to the harddrive and then take a lot of time to retreieve it from there?
    Use

I don't know exactly how those apps work. (I should check soon)
    But it frees up the resources, then everything works slowly for a minute or two.
    And it works.

Before:

System 44
    User 49
    GDI 49
    Allocated 177
    Physical free 0

After:

System 49
    User 49
    GDI 49
    Allocated 187
    Physical free 63
    + being extra slow

After some three minutes

System 47
    User 47
    GDI 50
    Allocated 197
    Physical free 50
    Use

Windows has this exceptional ability to eat up your entire RAM instantly.
    You'll get over it.

Yeah
    Do While Me.Restart
    Windows.Eat vbRam
    If Windows.Hungry = True then Resources = Resources/2
    If Windows.Angry = True then MsgBSOD Error(Rnd*256)
    Loop
    Use