Thread: Refresh and datareport

Lively Member

Refresh and datareport

I have a dataenvironment with a couple of command objects in it. These command object are sql queries to get the data from a database between two dates.

In my program you can change the dates and then you press show and a datareport comes in the screen and shows yoy the data from the database between the two dates you gave. In the code i write the new query into the commandtext object and open and close the object and requery to make sure the data is refreshed.

The problem is that when you change the dates often you have to press show 2 times before the right data is on the report.
    How do i make the refresh so that the data is always wright the first time you press the show button.

thanx in advance

PS: And how do you remobe the 2 buttons in the upperleft of a datareport when you use the .show method??

Lively Member
    yes this is common problem with datareport.
    goto data environment > goto properties of command and change its CacheSize property from 100 to 1.
    check the reports.
    if it doesnt work, then only thing u can do is unload the report and show it again.
    Shahab Ahmed

Lively Member
    anyone else?

Lively Member
    there must be a solution don't you people think to remove those buttons?