Thread: How to do with alladvantage does with the window and nothing can go over it, and like

Hi. I would like to figure out to do what AllAdvantage does with thier
    viewbar. When it loads, it changes Windows and makes the screen smaller,
    and puts it in the place it created. How would you do that? Do you have a
    sample for it?

Same thing with ICQ, it does the same thing. I would be intrested in how
    you do that, then change it back to normal in Visual Baisc.

Thanks

~matt

Lively Member

I know what you want! To hide the alladvantage viewbar! There is an API to make your window the one on top. I'll post it when I find it again!

Auctally i dont want to hide it.

I am creating my own application, and i want it to have its own area on the screen to display data, and like the viewvbar, nothing can go over it, and like i want it to alter the screen and be on the bottom, just like the viewbar is. and no its not to hide the viewbar, i dont even ahve alladvantage anymore, havent used it in two months, but thats the thing i want to do.

Addicted Member

After reading the above posting I believe that you want to make you application behave like the office tool bar or the taskbar, as in it doesn't let anything goe over it and all programs allign to the bottom of your program much like they aling to the top of the taskbar. If this is what you want to do then just send my an e-mail and I'll give you a sample project that someone once gave me when I had the same question. You can e-mail me at jeremy.martin@umit.maine.edu.