hi lister's...

im in a real fix at the moment, it seemed as though my last post didnt get through so here it goes again..

Im currently working with VB6.0 and Access97. I create an ado disconnected recordset that is based off a join type query. ie. lets take two tables, tblMake and tblCar. tblCar having a foreign Make ID to tblMake & where 1 Make can have many Cars.

With this disconnected recordset, i would like to add several cars for a particular make. So going through psuedo code, i add the car details and relevant make id to the disconnected recordset (prior to initialising this recordset, i set the 'Unique Table' property to "tblCar"), update the recordset, and then continue to add another car and so on, and so forth. My next step is to update the database with an UpdateBatch method. The following error occurs:

"...The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again..."

now to me this smells a little bit like a db referential integrity problem, but im 100% certain that the make id, in this case the foreign key to tblMake, is correct and all the necessary car details have been checked out okay.

Is there something im missing???
or
Have you any suggestions as to what im doing incorrectly?

many thanks in advance for those who can help.

regards,
Franky.