Thread: Lose the Chit Chat Forums

Angry

Has anyone else found it really annoying when doing searches that half of the returns have nothing to do with VB or programming? It seems to me VB-World has lost it's focus with the addition of the Chit Chat forums. The Net has millions of general discussion forums.

Hyperactive Member tumblingdown's Avatar
    are you serious?

you must be joking.
    May be there could be filters added to the searches. But getting rid of chit chat - no way.
    "One logical slip and an entire scientific edifice comes tumbling down." - Robert M. Pirsig

tumblingdown@hotmail.com

"but if Einstein is right and God is in the details, reality requires that we sometimes get religion." - Scott Meyers.

Fanatic Member

Thumbs down

We need the chit chat forum.
    Oetje
    oetje@home.nl
    Visual Basic 6, Windows 2000

Never pet a burning dog

Addicted Member
    I would agree with Nator in that it is annoying to have all those other posts returned. But I also don't think that getting rid of the forum would be beneficial. It seems that if you were to get rid of that forum a lot of people wouldn't come to the site anymore. (Myself not being one of those) I also think that the best option would be to have a search option of only searching from specific forums would be very beneficial. That way also you wouldn't be getting results from C/C++ etc...

Just my 2 cents.

Chit Chat forums is good because some people just want to talk or find out other people's ideas on certain topics.

If you want to search through one forum, here is a more advanced search where you can search through a certain forum.

A filter would be very beneficial. Maybe the site administrators could put the advanced search option in directly below the search textbox at the top of this page. Usally when I do searches, I use the search textbox on the main page. I never knew there was an advanced option page. Thanks for the replies.

If you lose the Chit Chat forum, the programming forums will be filled with uneeded banter.

Ughhhhh, have you twits ever tried to click the search button at the top right of everypage?
    under "register"
    and next to "faq" and "home"

you can pick which forum you search in....

Am I invisible? Hehe, that'd be cool.

But I gave the advanced search above.

You know how there's always an Advanced Search link right next to the search button. John? Will you do the honors in putting one there for all the special people?

Sorry Matthew...
    I just "skimmed" through the posts... I didn't see what you wrote......

where did you go?

damnit, you done gone invisdible again....

Having been on several forums (stats, dogs, cats, bridge,
    and others) I can definitely state that there are few flame
    wars here than on others.

You want hits on truly obnoxious, totally unnecessary
    posts? Try jumping into the middle of a flame war.

No, the Chit-chat is a good thing.

DerFarm